View all photos (10)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 3)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You’ll have 4 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1The Church of the AnnunciationStop: 10 hours - Admission excludedThere are a many sites of interest to the Christian pilgrim in the Galilee. You can choose from those listed below to make your own personal tour. In Nazareth there are a number of options. Church of Annunciation, built on the site where the angel Gabriel appeared before Mary is probably top of the list. Right next to it is the Church of St. Joseph, recalling the carpentry where Jesus and Joseph worked. Among the other places of interest are the Greek Orthodox Church of St. Gabriel and the adjoining well and, in the market, in the courtyard of the Greek Catholic Church are perhaps the remains of the synagogue in which Jesus preached. On the outskirts of Nazareth, offering a panoramic view of the Jezreel Valley is the Mount of Precipitation where “they lead him to the brow of the hill … that they might throw him down”. Cana, site of the first wonder performed by Jesus, the turning of the water to wine is about half an hour from Nazareth, on the way to Tiberias and the Kinneret, the Sea of Galilee. At Tiberias it is possible to board a wooden boat reminiscent of those used by the fishermen of yore. During a short ride on the the Sea of Galilee one cannot but recall how Jesus calmed the stormy waters and walked on them. On the shores of the Kinneret you can visit the Church and excavations at Capernaum, home of Peter, as well as the Benedictine Church commemorating the miracle of the Multiplication of the Loaves and the Fish and the Franciscan Church of Mensa Christi where Jesus was revealed to the disciples for the last time . Looking down on the shore is the Church on Mount Beatitude which commemorates the Sermon on the Mount. On the southern end of the Sea of Galilee, at Yardenit, there may be an opportunity for those so desiring to be baptized in the waters of the Jordan River. Time permitting it may be possible to ascend Mount Tabor to the Church of the Transfiguration where Jesus was “transfigured before them and his face shone like the sun and his garments became white as light”. At the northern end of the Sea of Galilee are the newly excavated remains of Bethsaida where Jesus healed a blind man . Depending on the route traveled you may be drive through the plain of Armageddon, with a view of biblical Megiddo.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Jerusalem, Israel Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel Herzliya, Israel Netanya, Israel
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned car.
- Food and drinks
- Any insurance
- Entry fees, parkings, meals and are not included.
- Entry/Admission - The Church of the Annunciation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen. Modest dress and head covering are required for visiting holy sites.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Click Tours Israel
Rochester, New York1810
Very nice day with Etamar. He does a great job explaining the historical context. Thanks Etamar. Would recommend…
We had an amazing time on our trip
Well organized tour. the guides were lovely, they were able to answer all questions and were very helpful. It…
Fun Educational Day Trip
I took this trip because I wanted to see the last crusader Stronghold at Akko (Acre). While that was certainly a…
London, United Kingdom20
Highly recommended interesting tour. Very friendly and knowledgeable guide. Good quality transportation.
Whirlwind tour of Israel’s west coast
Small group tour of several cities. The highlights were the Roman theatre in Caesaria, the caves in Rosh HaNikra…
Brighton, United Kingdom1410
Day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea
Not worth it Masada was closed and the alternative itinerary was so crowded you couldn’t sea (baptism site) and I…
Charleston, South Carolina5243
Decided to book this tour last minute and I am so glad I did. Our guide Avi was excellent and shared a lot of…
Never grows old!
Being a travel professional, I've taken many groups to this beautiful area and the Sea Of Galilee is always a…
Magdala was so impressive. This is where Jesus walked, taught would have been to the markets, etc. when…
Godalming, United Kingdom52
Caesarea Haifa Acre
Great tour that takes in major sites in nth Israel . Caesarea unique place by sea and great inscriptions on…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071