5-Day Uyuni Salt Flats and Desert Adventure from La Paz
View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- 2 Night Buses from/to La Paz (no tour leader on bus)
- Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert 3 day Tour including:
- 1N in Salt Hotel, basic dorm-style rooms w/ shared bathroom (hot shower on first night) seasonal
- Transportation in 4WD with rooftop luggage rack during tour (group size is up to 6 people per car)
- Local driver & English-speaking guide on tour
- Meals: 2 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 2 dinners
- 1 Night shared family lodging (dorm of 6 beds with shared bathroom without light)
- Bus station Pick up
- Sleeping bag (if requested)
- Entrance Fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs*), Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs*) (*Please note that these costs are subject to change without prior notice.
- Additional snacks & water bottles
- Hot Shower (10 Bs)
- Toilets along the Way (10 Bs)
- Transfers to/from La Paz Bus Station (please make your own way)
- Airport transfers
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Open-Air Hot Springs (6 BS)
- Toiletries (towels, toilet paper, soap, etc)
- Entry/Admission - Salar de Uyuni
- Entry/Admission - Salar De Uyuni
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, strikes, roadblocks, or force majeure events which are beyond our control. We will always do our best to follow the itinerary as close as possible.
- During the rainy season from January to April, the Salt Flats fill up with water so it is not possible to cross them in the same way as during dry season. As a consequence, the itinerary is modified during that period. The main changes are usually as follows:
- Instead of stopping at the Inca Wasy (Fish Island), we stop at a place where the water reflects the sky and where it seems that the sky and the ground merge into one.
- On day 2, we might sleep at another location.
- We visit the Sol de Mañana Geyser and hot springs at the end of day 3 instead of in the morning of day 4.
- Altitude: This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
- Accommodation / Facilities on Tour: The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities have a small local cost. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.
- Suggested packing list: Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, swimsuit and towel for hot springs at Sol de Manana Geysers, extra bottles of water (we recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip), snacks, personal medication. Flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (electricity available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit. You will be sleeping up to 4,300 meters above sea level and depending on the season, temperatures can drop well below zero (reaching less than -15 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July) and the wind chill can be harsh, so bring plenty of warm clothes like a scarf and wool hat for the chilly evenings.
- Please bring only the necessary material & clothes during the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please inform us of any dietary restrictions.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Salar de Uyuni, Uyuni, and 2 more
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071