This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Half-day Eco-Excursion to Lola ya Bonobo Sanctuary The Bonobos, our closest living relatives, with more than 99% identical DNA, are protected in a special preserve outside Kinshasa. Founded by Claudine Andre in 1994, Lola ya Bonobo is the world’s only sanctuary for orphaned bonobos. This stunning and cute eco-tour provides a rich, educational experience. Bonobos are found only in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lola ya BonoboStop: 3 hours - Admission includedYour guide will come to your hotel in the morning and pick you up in a comfortable 4 WD. The road after Kinshasa will be a little bumpy, but you will most likely be distracted by the scenery outside. Once you arrive at the Park, which is surrounded by the rainforest and has a lake inside, we can proceed to the trail that goes around it. If we are lucky enough, staff scientists or researchers will give us an introduction to the life of the bonobos in the wild and in the sanctuary. Some times they can be busy, feeding little baby bonobos or helping with daily needs of the sanctuary. You will be able to see several families, living on the territory, which highly resembles their natural habitat deep in the north of Congolese jungle. After the visit, the driver can take to a restaurant for lunch or just drop you off at your hotel.Read more
Democratic Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Lola ya Bonobo
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Explore Madagascar's South + West!
I was charged for this trip 296EUR. To my taste it is overpriced for riding a tuk-tuk + very mediocre lunch
My guide Edilson, was good. He knows the history of the places we visited, but the structure of the tour and servic…
Local guide educate in detail of different species of lemur and sifakas. Lovely forest although animals in captivit…
As the previous reviewer stated, the company did not allow for refund despite claiming so. We mixed up our dates in…
Poor Communication from Company
Our group booked this tour for one week later than we intended, and although the site lists that they make no refun…
An authentic wildlife viewing experience for those looking to avoid the crowds
I did the 10-day 3-camp (Ngaga, Lango, Mboko) circuit and had an incredible experience. With 10 years of wildlife …
Must do if you have a spare half day in Yaoundé.
The park is a care center for apes, especially young apes that had their mother been killed by poachers. The apes a…
Beautiful lava formations
This place has very interesting lava rock formations where the waves enter and create water pillars into the air
- Duration: 4–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241