Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Standing proud above the modern city, the Cairo Citadel (Citadel of Saladin) is one of Old Cairo’s most striking sights. First built by Saladin in the 12th century, during the Crusader conflicts, the fortress complex houses palaces, museums, and mosques, including Muhammad Ali’s 19th-century Alabaster Mosque. Explore the Saladin Citadel and a historic mosque on a private tour . Learn about the history and architecture of the sprawling complex as you walk the medieval fortifications with your guide, and enjoy sweeping views of Cairo from the walls. Hear the story of Ottoman commander Mohamed Ali Pasha while visiting the exquisite, domed mosque he built during his controversial reign. after that we will continue for a full day tour showing the old Egyptian artifacts from the beginning of history. Then enjoy and Egyptian cuisine at a nearby restaurant before finishing the tour at your hotel.
- You'll start atSalah Salem StreetOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Cairo CitadelStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedA few years after defeating the Fatimid Caliphate, Saladin set out to build a wall that would surround both Cairo and Fustat. Built on a promontory beneath the Muqattam hills, a setting that made it difficult to attack, the efficacy of the Citadel's location is further demonstrated by the fact that it remained the heart of Egyptian government until the 19th-CenturyRead more
- You'll end atSalah Salem StreetSalah Salem St, El-Darb El-Ahmar, Monsha'et Nasser, Cairo Governorate, EgyptSalah El Din Al Ayouby CitadelSee address & details
Salah Salem Street, Salah Salem St, El-Darb El-Ahmar, Monsha'et Nasser, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Returns to original departure point
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Entry Tickets
- Optional Lunch buffet
- Entry/Admission - Cairo Citadel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Hassan Shawki
female travelers are strongly advised against booking this guide. tourist-traps included as mentioned in the other …
TOURIST TRAPS—Save yourself from this experience
This whole thing is a collection of tourist traps. The tour starts at 8, but the Souq doesn’t open until 11. First,…
Excellent and always on time
Abdul was our guide for this and two other transfers while in Cairo. He was friendly, punctual and knowledgeable. I…
- Duration: 4–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,645 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,335 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 197 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts
- Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts on Tripadvisor
- Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts price starts from £28.23. Discover and book Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts on Tripadvisor
- Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private tour to the Medieval Cairo and the old famous arts on Tripadvisor