Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven are three of Beijing’s top historic attractions. Discover the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the Chinese capital on this in-depth and fully customizable private tour. You also enjoy an authentic local lunch of roasted Peking duck with included drinks
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)Stop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Forbidden City-The Palace MuseumStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Temple of HeavenStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- A private, fully customizable tour of Tiananmen Square and more
- Set your own schedule and wander at your own pace
- Enjoy the undivided attention of your guide
- An authentic local lunch of roast Peking duck included
What to Expect
Meet your private guide during a convenient front-door pickup from your hotel. This tailor-made tour is fully customizable, so you’re able to set your own schedule while enjoying your guide’s undivided attention. Start at the 17th-century Tiananmen Square and learn about its role in the Boxer Rebellion and the protests of 1989. Your guide gives you background on landmarks, such as the Chairman Mao Memorial and the Great Hall of the People. Next, explore the 178-acre (72-hectare) grounds of the 15th-century Forbidden City, the seat of Chinese imperial power for almost 500 years, at your own pace. Get a firsthand peek at artifacts from the Ming and Qing dynasties in the Palace Museum. After an authentic local lunch, venture to the UNESCO-listed Temple of Heaven, which was completed the same year as the Forbidden City. Wander through the gigantic prayer halls before returning to your hotel.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pekin roast duck lunch with drinks
- Private transport in air-conditioned travel vehicle with professional driver service
- Entrance fee of Forbidden City
- Entrance fee of Temple of Heaven
- Visit of Tiananmen Square
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Heaven
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be advised that the Forbidden City is closed on Mondays. Summer Palace or Nanluguxiang Hutong or Lama temple will be substituted instead.
- Passport name, passport number is required at time of booking for all participants, we need that to book the Forbidden City ticket beforehand
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour can be customized,if you wish to visit other sightseeing places to replace the included parts in the itinerary, maybe you have already visited them before,please confirm with us after you book this tour, some scenic spots can be replaced without paying the extra expense, some scenic spot like Great Wall will be charged for extra expense because of the far driving distance.
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Excellent!! The tour guide was very friendly and helpful throughout the tour. He gave a lot of useful insights to my family on the history of each site.
Date of experience: December 2019
Had a great guide called Dean who was very informative and helpful whilst on our tour. Unfortunately Forbidden City is closed on Mondays (which we didn’t realise before hand) but Dean took us to the Lama Temple with the amazing tallest Buddha in the world.
My family (adult kids) and I just came back from spending a week in Beijing. One of the highlights of our trip was our private tour to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven. We feel very fortunate to have had Dean Wu for our guide. Not only was Dean…
Date of experience: October 2019
4 unforgettable days. We were back from Europe and planned 3 nights to stop in Beijing. To us China has always been a mystery. The country has achieved so much in a very short period of time. What we saw was amazing. The people, food, traditions, safety. The only way to dive…
Date of experience: September 2019
Dean Wu gave us a fantastic tour of the 'must see' sightseeing locations in Beijing. I can't say enough about our guide! Dean showed up on time with a great attitude, lots of information about our destinations, and a great experience! Transportation was easy and available on…
Date of experience: October 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Beijing Urban Passer
Virus shutdown time!
We had a scheduled 3day stay in Beijing as part of our China tour.due to the above circumstances our great guide de…
Fun cooking class with an intriguing market tour
I had a lot of fun on this tour. First we went to the market which was an indoor market. This is great because it w…
Excellent Hutong experience with Dean
My wife, two kids (ages 12&14) and I went on this four-hour tour with our guide Dean on 12/26/2019. He picked us up…
Don’t do it! If we could put zero we would. They never showed up at our hotel to pick us up. We called and they sa…
Forbidden City Tour
Excellent private tour services rendered from Mr. Gary! A very helpful tour guide and provide my family a meaningfu…
Great tour guide
I extremely enjoyed this experience. I was picked up on time by my tour guide Dean and received a warm greeting. De…
Dean was a fantastic guide!!!
I booked this private and customizable tour for myself and my husband. We opted to see the major sites, have lunch…
Julie was a great guide providing us with lots of background info on the sights we chose to see on our tour. She kn…
Traveled all over China with Owen with 3 teenage boys. Owen was the perfect guide that made all of us comfortable …
We love it!!!
We have wonderful day with Dean! Beijing is amazing! Dean is super knowledgeable! He shares his love of his city an…
Beijing bike tour
Excellent!!!!! Dean has a wealth of knowledge and the tour was just what we wanted. I’d highly recommend this tour
Great Learning Experience
Really enjoyed this experience. Visiting the market was educational - not mind blowing - but really interesting as …
Great tour with Dean!
Dean picked me up promptly at the Beijing airport and arranged for a fantastic day around Beijing for me! I saw pa…
Fantastic tour with Dean
Amazing day through the Temple of Heaven and a well selected restaurant for lunch where the locals gather to eat.
A perfect day exploring Beijing
We had a fantastic day with Dean in Beijing - from Tianamen Square to the Forbidden City to the Great Wall, he was …
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 975 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 677 travellers!
from £111.70* £139.63
Popular: Booked by 1,364 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch
- Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch price starts from £144.34. Discover and book Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour-Tiananmen Square,Forbidden City,Temple of Heaven with Lunch on Tripadvisor