Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Get the most out of your Beijing vacation with this personalized private Beijing walking tour of the Forbidden City. Eliminate the need to study a map, and rely on your guide to take care of the navigating. Explore Tiananmen Square, and avoid waiting in ticket lines at the Forbidden City, as entrance fees are included. A perk of the tour is that the itinerary can be tailored to your preferences.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)Stop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Forbidden City-The Palace MuseumStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee detailsPass byMeridian Gate (Wu Men)
- 3Hall of Great Harmony (Taihe Dian)Stop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Hall of Preserving Harmony (Baohedian)Stop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Hall of UnionStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6The Imperial Garden of The Palace MuseumStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Avoid long ticket lines at the Forbidden City—entry is included
- A private tour ensures having your guide’s undivided attention
- Choose the start time of the tour to suit your schedule
- Learn about Beijing’s history through guide commentary
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup only(but not including the transportation fee to Tian'anmen Square)
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Great Harmony (Taihe Dian)
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Preserving Harmony (Baohedian)
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Union
- Entry/Admission - The Imperial Garden of The Palace Museum
- Transportation to the Forbidden City
- Hotel drop-off
- Additional entrance fee to the museums
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number is required at time of booking for all participants
- The Forbidden City in winter closes at 4:30pm (1st of Nov - 31st of March), in summer at 5:00pm (1st of April -31st of Oct), please arrange your start time accordingly
- Please Note: When making a booking, please provide the tour operator with your desired pick up time at "special requirement", your tour operator will also contact you just in case
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This tour was AMAZING. Although it was a rainy day, Jimmy brought sunshine. He was very knowledgable, purchased our tickets, and taught us SO much. He even protected us from other tourists trying to take our pictures. He was wonderful to spend the day with and it was a great…
Date of experience: July 2019
My tour guide Lucy showed up at my hotel early and prepared. We embarked on a perfect day of serious walking and historic adventure. You really need all four hours to visit the palace and it’s grounds. And Lucy really knows her history so you will learn a ton. I would highly…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
We had a great time on our tour with Jimmy. He knew every historical fact about Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. We learned so much more than we would have if we had just gone by ourselves. His English was excellent and was just an all around great guy to spend the afternoon…
Date of experience: December 2019
The forbidden city and tiananmen are a must-see when visiting Beijing. Jimmy was a great tour guide and pre-purchased the tickets to enter the forbidden city so we did not need to stand in line. He speaks perfect English too.
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Discover Beijing Tours
The BEST Day !!!
This day is one I will never forget. We went on the fourth of July... the HOTTEST day. Lucy took us to a private …
Becky was a fabulous tour guide.
This review is a long time in coming, we visited China last year 2019 in March/ April. We were a private party of …
My partner and I landed in Beijing the night before and we wanted to experience Chinese cuisine the next day so we …
Our guide, Becky was amazing. She was very knowledgeable about the history of the zoo and surrounding areas. She al…
Great tour combo if you've seen great wall and forbidden city.
Our guide Lucy was waiting for us ahead of schedule in the hotel lobby. We followed the itinerary and were able to…
Perfect for my overnight stay
This tour was perfect for the few hours I had in Beijing. Pick up and drop off from Hotel very handy. It was a cond…
Great tour for a short trip to Beijing
Lucy took me on the tour of the Summer Palace, she was very knowledgeable and a great companion for the day (she ta…
Lucy was lovely, the wall was beautiful and the toboggan ride so much fun! My phone ran out of power so Lucy took s…
Great Wall is great fun
Lucy and her driver took us around Beijing. An amazing highlight was seeing the Great Wall (held together by sticky…
The tour was fantastic, there is lots to see at night. I would recommend this to anyone The tour guide was espec…
Great Wall and Summer Palace
We went to Mutianyu and Summer Palace with Jimmy. He was a wonderful tour guide and made sure we were comfortable t…
Great way to experience Chinese street food!
We have been to China a number of times, but have not have many opportunities to try street foods. It's a little ha…
History and traditions
Really really cold day (minus 10 maybe more ) do not stop us ... this experience fill up our mind ... lakes pag…
Beijing private tour with Jimmy
I was a bit nervous since I was traveling alone, but Jimmy showed up 30 minutes early to pick me up at the hotel (n…
A Day to Remember!
Thank you Jimmy for the most memorable experience we could have asked for! The visit to the wall was incredible, bu…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
from £125.94* £148.17
Popular: Booked by 1,362 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 940 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 115 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City
- Hall of Preserving Harmony (Baohedian)
- Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Hall of Great Harmony (Taihe Dian)
- Hall of Union
- Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)
Which attractions will I visit with 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City?
During this experience, places you will visit include:
How much is 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City?
4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City price starts from £56.92. Discover and book 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City on Tripadvisor
What is the 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City cancellation policy?
4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City?
4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City is hosted by Discover Beijing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Beijing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 4-Hour Private Beijing Walking Tour of the Forbidden City on Tripadvisor