Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Liyuan TheatreStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedThe Beijing private guide and driver will hold client's name logo and pick up them at hotel lobby on 6:20pm, then drive to theater directly, Peking Opera got more than 230 years history, which was believed that Peking Opera gradually came into being after 1790 when the famous four Anhui opera troupes came to Beijing. Peking Opera fast development during the reign of Emperor Qianlong and the Empress Dowager Cixi under the imperial patron, eventually becoming more common to the common people. In ancient times, the costumes were a garish collection of sharply contrasting colors to stand out on the dim stage illuminated only by oil lamps. Peking Opera is a harmonious combination of the Grand Opera, ballet and acrobatics, consisting of dance, martial arts and mime. The Peking Opera band mainly consists of an orchestra and percussion band. The former frequently accompanies peaceful scenes while the latter provides the right atmosphere for battle scenes. The commonly used percussion instruments include castanets, drums, bells and cymbals. One person usually plays the castanets and drum simultaneously, which conduct the entire band. The orchestral instruments include the Erhu, Huqin, Yueqin, Sheng (reed pipe), Pipa (lute) and other instruments. The band usually sits on the left side of the stage. Later on the Chinese driver will send client back to hotel. Note: The show time is available from 7:30pm to 8:40pm, and the departure Time is 6:30pm everyday.Read more
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Liyuan Theatre
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Passport names, passport numbers, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Private Beijing Trips
I contacted Terry out-of-the-blue, from Australia, to act as a buyer’s agent and he was excellent even though my re…
We did enjoy the tour overall. The communication before pickup was excellent and our tour guide did an excellent jo…
Terry was terrific!
Terry did a great job getting us around Beijing, avoiding the crowds, and providing us both the historical and cult…
Guide Terry Very Supportive in Every Travel Situation
I am 1 71yo male who travelled alone to China and stayed 17 days Oct. 9-27, 2019. I had bilateral total knee replac…
Tour perfect in length at each stop
Trip bus and guide just right for our group of three adults and four teenagers. The Great Wall area we were able t…
Good tour of the Great Wall
The tour was fun, they took us to a part of the wall which not many tourist go to, which was fun. The tour guide sp…
Terry guide was great! Before arriving at the destination he organized everything for us, from accommodation, trans…
The tour was excellent. My only gripe would be that Tina walked way too quickly and it was hard to keep up with her…
Had a great time
Terry and Mike were great. We saw so much in just a few days. Highlights included the Great Wall, Ming Tombs and Su…
Excellent tour guide
David was an excellent tour guide, he spoke English very well. David had everything flow and kept ahead of each st…
Flexible, friendly and knowledgeable.
We were in Beijing during the national holiday celebrations so the schedules for the normal tour offerings were all…
Terry was a fantastic guide and helped us achieve every goal we set for the day. We were provided with clean and co…
Custom tour of 3 cities
Terry was amazing! Put together several guides for 3 different cities. Everyone was on time, had excellent Englis…
Nice tour with a friendly guide
We really enjoyed our day visiting the Great Wall. The guide was very friendly & knowledgeable and the driver was e…
My Guide was Carrie and I have to say she was the most Informative, helpful and fun guide I have ever encountered. …
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,957 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,362 travellers!
from £59.66* £74.57
Popular: Booked by 1,611 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 148 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer
What time does Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer start?
Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer will start at 6:30 AM. Discover and book Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer on Tripadvisor
How much is Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer?
Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer price starts from £77.36. Discover and book Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer on Tripadvisor
What is the Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer cancellation policy?
Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Beijing Night Tour Of Peking Opera Show Including Private Transfer on Tripadvisor