Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 hours - Admission includedYour tour will begin with pickup from your centrally-located hotel in Beijing. Hop aboard a private vehicle and drive to Huairou County, where Mutianyu Great Wall locates in, 70 km northeast of central Beijing.It will take about1.5 hours to reach there. Once arrive at the Mutianyu Great Wall, you will go directly to the foot of the mountain to start the tour. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs.In the Ming dynasty, under the supervision of General Xu Da, construction of the present wall began on the foundation of the wall of Northern Qi. The Mutianyu Great Wall has the largest construction scale and best quality among all sections of Great Wall. Today, this section of wall is open to visitors. You all have this opportunity to admire how gorgeous and magnificent it is. As this is a private tour, your guide can highlight any special interests (architecture, art, history, literature) as you want. And you get to decide how long you want to spend at the Great Wall Afterwards travel back to your accommodation where your guided visit come to an end.If you need to heading to the airport please leave your flight details in the "special requirement ",after the tour you will be taken to the airport with additional cost .Read more
- Cable car round trip or Ski-lift up and toboggan down at the Great Wall
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
CityChictravels wrote a review Aug 2019Washington DC, District of Columbia26 contributions3 helpful votes
It was honestly a perfect day to go to the wall. There was a cool breeze and the sun wasn’t blazing hot. There were people but not overly crowded. My guide was Lucy who was fantastic! She was so nice, knowledgeable and patient (it’s a lot of stairs, I needed a break at times).…
I visited China alone and was looking for a way to see the great wall. This is the best tour to pick if you want to go to the less crowded area with better views. My tour guide Linda told me all about the history of the wall and China as a whole. It was a very fun and…
Date of experience: May 2019
I did this tour on a Saturday afternoon in April with my wife and grown up son. We were met in our hotel lobby and driven in comfort in a spacious people carrier about an hour outside Beijing. The weather was good and despite it being a weekend there were no queues and not that…
Date of experience: April 2019
It was a perfect Feb. day and the chair lift allowed or picture taking on the way up and Down. Tobogganing looked like fun, yet there were age limits which did not permit this option to us. Liked this section of the wall, as it was not crowded. That made it even more enjoyable.…
Date of experience: February 2019
My husband, colleague and I recently did this tour and it was wonderful! Our tour guide, Linda, was perfect. She was extremly knowedable about history, current events, the city, etc. She was really fun to spend the day with and made our experience that much better! She…
Date of experience: January 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Unique Beijing Tours
Anson was our tour guide. He spoke great English and had tons of knowledge about the neighborhoods we were walking …
Best Shopping Day Ever!
My friend and I decided to spend the last day in Beijing shopping. We came across this activity on Trip Advisor an…
Had a nice Tour trough the Tiananmen Area
We had a great time with our guide Lucy. We started at the Square and the Gate of Forbidden City before walking to …
Very nice and friendly person. Good to learn more about Beijing. Nice chance to see chinese culture.
A taste of real Chinese food
We were met by our guide Linda at our hotel. Linda took us on an amazing tour over more than 3 hours around Beijing…
Great private tour with Linda
I recently booked a private tour with Linda and it was a very enjoyable day. Linda was very punctual, friendly and…
Lucy’s Excellent 2 hour Forbidden City Tour
My girlfriend and I very much enjoyed the tour of the forbidden city! It started by walking through the Tiananmen S…
Min Li F00
Overall, we enjoyed the personable experience and the story telling. We had our tour with Anson. And he made the to…
Highly recommend this tour!
Jimmy was our tour guide and he was exceptional! He spoke fluent English, was flexible by including a stop at a fav…
A comprehensive tour of Beijing’s Bird’s Nest
It was a marvelous evening walking tour in and out of the Impressive Beijing Bird’s Nest Olympic Stadium. Our tour …
Private city tour in Beijing
Punctuality, good and friendly service. Special thanks to Mark Yu, very good English speaking, excellent knowledge …
This tour is AMAZING!
My girlfriend and I took this tour with Lucy and LOVED IT! It was just us three hanging out and walking through Hut…
Quick guided tour of Beijing
Linda was fabulous! We could not have had a better guide. Our stay in Beijing was very short, only a partial day, b…
Transit Visit to Beijing
Linda, our tour guide, wanhis a most welcoming host to Beijing and China, especially in the confusing flurry of tra…
Trip to the Great Wall
While the commune architecture is interesting the best part of this trip is the private access to the Wall. We wer…
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,362 travellers!
from £59.79* £74.73
Popular: Booked by 1,611 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 180 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing
How much is Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing?
Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing price starts from £95.03. Discover and book Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing cancellation policy?
Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing?
Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing is hosted by Unique Beijing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Unique Beijing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing?
On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Private Guided Tour of The Mutianyu Great Wall in Beijing on Tripadvisor