Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Spend an evening on the magical Huanghuacheng section of the Great Wall where you will enjoy the once-in-a-lifetime experience of a private sunset picnic tour. This is the perfect place to celebrate anniversaries, honeymoons, birthdays or take memorable and breathtaking photos that will transport you back for years to come. This tour is great for couples, friend groups and families who want a unique and personal experience on the Great Wall.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Great Wall at HuanghuachengStop: 3 hours - Admission includedItinerary Tour duration: 6-7 hours Great Wall at Huanghuacheng, Beijing -Pick up at your Beijing hotel -Huanghuacheng, a two hour drive from Beijing, is a wild section of the Great Wall built during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). Since this section is less visited by tourists, it provides the perfect getaway for a private experience of one of the most authentic sections of the Great Wall. -We use our relationships with local farmers to cross their property, allowing you to take a stroll through fruit fields, hiking 20 minutes further on a small trail to reach a secluded section of the Great Wall. -Once you arrive, the scenery will leave you speechless. As you relax and enjoy your picnic, have your cameras ready to capture the beauty of the sun dipping down through the sky, creating spectacular views that you will not soon forget. -After spending 3 hours on the Great Wall, we will head back to drop you off at your Beijing hotelRead more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- professional English speaking tour guide
- cheese/tiramisu cake, cookies,fruit
- Bottled water
- red/white wine or champagne
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Great Wall at Huanghuacheng
- personal cost
- Non-specified brands food&drink we posted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Larry was an amazing guide, driver and photographer and was filled with information to share! Larry can also take you off the common tourist hotspots to get away from the busy areas and long lines, meaning you get to see the best bits of China, and more of it! He was super…
I have looked for tours on tripadvisor finaly I found Larry to arrange our tour for my wife and I to experience the Great Wall. We chose Larry because he had great reviews and he lived up to them. We booked a sunset tour and it was worth every penny. The price was reasonable…
Larry is an amazing driver and guide. He took extra time to plan and prepare an amazing anniversary surprise. I never realized something as simple as a picnic on the Great Wall could be so special and heartwarming. Special thanks to Larry for being so kind and knowledgeable. I…
Date of experience: May 2019
It was fantastic! Thanks to our tour guide Larry. What made our trip memorable was that we not only saw and climbed the Great Wall but we had a one of a kind experience!
Date of experience: April 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Larry's Beijing Private Tour & Driver Guide Service
We were in Beijing for a 24 hours to make scale and we contacted with Larry to do a private tour and it was realy c…
Jiankou to Mutainyu & Kung Fu
Larry was our driver to the Great Wall. Throughout our experience, he was was on time every step of the way. During…
Amazing Jiankou to Mutianyu hike
It was a really great tour. Our driver Bill was polite and patient, giving us great directions onto the wall. Once …
Very good surprise
It was an unexpected day! I believe there is no better way to know Great Wall. Larry met us at the train station, t…
Best service for a 15 hours stop in Beijing
We had a 15-hour connection between flights in Beijing and our best decision to take advantage of being near Beijin…
This visit was incredible. Larry was so helpful, and nice ! He waited for me at the airport and drove me to the wal…
Larry is a great driver and guide to have when visiting Beijing! He waited for us at the airport with a sign and we…
This is the Best Way to Go
I really can’t say enough good things about Larry, as he went above and beyond my expectations. I was looking for a…
It was a great trip to the Great Wall! Both Larry and Eric (the driver) were realy helpful and friendly! I would de…
Our driver Eric was very nice and funny, we had a great time! He bought our tickets and guided us to the entrance o…
Very helpful and friendly staff! They had Eric pick us up at a centric spot and drove us all the way to the wall to…
Larry’s service was outstanding from the very beginning! From the very start of our trip he was extremely accommoda…
Ray was stellar! Very helpful, nice and spoke great English. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is going to B…
Jiankou to Mutianyu hike
It was a great trip, Larry picked us up from the hotel, was very punctual, outside waiting right on time. When he d…
Sick wall walk
Great guy and speaks English really well. Easy to get along with and knows his stuff! Perfect trip! 👌
- Duration: 6–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,802 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,612 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,359 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour?
Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour price starts from £110.16. Discover and book Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour cancellation policy?
Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour?
Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour is hosted by Larry's Beijing Private Tour & Driver Guide Service. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Larry's Beijing Private Tour & Driver Guide Service on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Special & Memorable Huanghuacheng Great Wall Picnic Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor