Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This is an exclusive Forbidden City tour where we go deeply into the Chinese History with our knowledgeable guide. We won’t miss any area that a common 2 hours tour does. You'll see mythical historic places with no rush at all, and getting the full picture with comprehensive explanations. No shopping stops Half day to deeply explore mythical Forbidden City Knowledgeable English speaking guide See the essence places of Forbidden City Skip the line Instant confirmation
- You'll start atBeijingBeijing, ChinaGuide will call you one day before departure date and reconfirm the meeting point.See address & details
- 1Forbidden City-The Palace MuseumStop: 3 hours - Admission includedAfter meeting your guide in the meeting place at 9:30 am, then walk towards to Forbidden City (Monday is closed), once the greatest palace complex in the world and home to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties (1420–1911). The Forbidden City is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world. The Forbidden City was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987 as the "Imperial Palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties." You will hear about how the building functions as both a political and ceremonial center, then delve into the intriguing exhibits of the Palace Museum to admire an epic collection of artwork dating back to the Ming Dynasty. The tour will end at around 1:00 PM at the Shenwu Gate. You can choose to continue exploring independently or find restaurants to have lunch nearby. Please noticed that this tour is not Suitable for Holidays , Festivals and Monday.Read more
- You'll end atBeijingBeijing, ChinaNorth Gate of Forbidden CitySee address & details
- Ticket to Forbidden City
- English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Air-conditioned car
- personal expense
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 2 more reviews on Viator
While booking we had thought this was a 9am start, instead it ended up meeting at 7am, just a little earlier than expected, but a blessing in disguise. Our guide was YoYo, a lovely lady with a lot of knowledge about the Forbidden City. We first spent a little time looking at…
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: The Great Wall Tours&City Tours By Golden Horse Service
Didn't show up
My last day in China was ruined because the tour guide didn't turn up. They didn't contact me before hand to arrang…
This is my first trip to Great Wall. When I booked few months ago I was wondering whether I could depend on the tou…
Mutianyu Great Wall
Amazing trip with amazing friendly guide, wonderful services and everything correct I recommend this trip to every…
Amazing Day at Mutianyu Great Wall
Booked the tour through a Chinese app recommended by a friend. Tour company was extremely helpful and responsive to…
A Dream came true !
Thank you very much the dream came true. I visited the Great Wall today ! The trip is really good organized by the…
Mutianyu Great Wall
It was wonderful trip. I metmany people from other countries and making friends. The lunch was delicious and includ…
Thumbs up for Mutianyu tour with Susie
This is my first time to Beijing & going to Great Wall is definitely in my bucket list. I pondered between the bada…
Wonderful experience - will do it again!
Being in Beijing for the first time, I did not want to leave without a visit to the Great Wall. This tour took us t…
Great day on the Great Wall!
Very nice trip to the Great Wall Mutianyu 慕田峪 ! Usually I don’t really like tourist tour, but this one was very coo…
Great tour with Maria
This is an excellent choice of tour if you would like to spend a couple of hours walking the wall with no fuss abou…
I was taken to GHITS Travel by a very friendly 36 year old Chinese woman named Lucy or Lily, she went by both name…
From the beginning until the end of the tour everything was as they stated and on time. Lulu, the person in charg…
Unforgettable great day at the Great Wall
Fantastic one day Mutianyu Great Wall Tour! I highly recommend the one day Great Wall tour as it was super easy t…
Mutianyu Great Wall tour
I visited Mutianyu Great Wall tour. Everything was perfect and on time. I recommend this company. Lucy as tour guid…
Our trip to Mutianyu
We visited the Great Wall twice using their services. Very efficient and timely - we would recommend using them if …
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 383 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,802 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 649 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 165 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Shared Forbidden City Depth tour
- Shared Forbidden City Depth tour will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Shared Forbidden City Depth tour on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Shared Forbidden City Depth tour on Tripadvisor
- Shared Forbidden City Depth tour price starts from £28.84. Discover and book Shared Forbidden City Depth tour on Tripadvisor
- Shared Forbidden City Depth tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Shared Forbidden City Depth tour on Tripadvisor