Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
If your plane is passing through Beijing on the way to other destinations, don’t spend the day inside the airport. Instead, take this layover tour to explore the Great Wall at Mutianyu Section, and discover the charms of the Forbidden City and Tian'anmen Square. Your informative local guide will take you by private vehicle to the sites according to the time of your layover, after the tour you will be transferred back to the airport. Tour includes all entrance fee, cable car round trip, local meal, an English-speaking guide and transport by private vehicle. Tour can start from Beijing International Airport(PEK) or Beijing Daxing Airport.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mutianyu Great WallStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee detailsPass byNiaochao National StadiumWater CubeBell and Drum Towers
- 2Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang)Stop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Forbidden City-The Palace MuseumStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Entrance fee
- Cable car round trip or ski lift up and toboggan ticket
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please make sure your trip suites the Visa free policy. If you are not able to go through customs for any reasons, please take your own responsibility. There is no refund for the same day cancellation
- If flight lands before 14:30, the visit to the Great Wall will or Forbidden City will be secured. Otherwise, you can't make it because the Great Wall at Mutianyu open between 08:30 to 17:30
- Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants (for getting your Forbidden City entrance ticket in advance)
- Please note: 1st April thru 31st October - Forbidden City stops selling tickets at 16:00, and closes at 17:00
- Please note: 1st November thru 31st March - Forbidden City stops selling tickets at 15:30, and closes at 16:30
- The Great Wall, Tian'anmen Square and Forbidden city layover tour require at least 11 hours
- Your guide will wait 120-minutes after your flight arrive, if you can not arrive the meeting point on time please contact your local operator in advance
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Discover Beijing Tours
5 stars! Book as soon as possible!
My daughter and I had the pleasure of having Qing as our tour guide. We had a great experience. Qing was very knowl…
Fantastic tour of the Forbidden City
We had a fantastic tour with Qing to the Forbidden City. She was excellent with her communication beforehand and ad…
Forbidden City Tour
My wife & I had the opportunity to spend the day with Susan for a tour of the Forbidden City & the Temple of Heaven…
Great Wall and Summer Palace Tour
Qing & her team were very easy to work with- Qing was our tour guide, translator, photographer, & provided transpor…
Amazing tour guide!
This was the very first tour I’ve been a part of. Our guide Qing was amazing! She talked about the history and gave…
Great location for foreigners to see The Great Wall and Summer Palace! Our guide, Qing, did a great job giving us t…
Good Tour with Linda!
Fluent in English (and Chinese of course) and energetic, it was great to have Linda as our day tour guide. She made…
JIMMY! The best!
This tour was AMAZING. Although it was a rainy day, Jimmy brought sunshine. He was very knowledgable, purchased o…
The BEST Day !!!
This day is one I will never forget. We went on the fourth of July... the HOTTEST day. Lucy took us to a private …
Becky was a fabulous tour guide.
This review is a long time in coming, we visited China last year 2019 in March/ April. We were a private party of …
My partner and I landed in Beijing the night before and we wanted to experience Chinese cuisine the next day so we …
Our guide, Becky was amazing. She was very knowledgeable about the history of the zoo and surrounding areas. She al…
Great tour combo if you've seen great wall and forbidden city.
Our guide Lucy was waiting for us ahead of schedule in the hotel lobby. We followed the itinerary and were able to…
Perfect for my overnight stay
This tour was perfect for the few hours I had in Beijing. Pick up and drop off from Hotel very handy. It was a cond…
Highlight of my trip to Beijing
My tour guide Lucy showed up at my hotel early and prepared. We embarked on a perfect day of serious walking and hi…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,960 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 976 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,364 travellers!
from £60.23* £70.86
Popular: Booked by 1,615 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Beijing Daxing Airport Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City
- Private Beijing Daxing Airport Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City price starts from £145.63. Discover and book Private Beijing Daxing Airport Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City on Tripadvisor
- Private Beijing Daxing Airport Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Beijing Daxing Airport Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City on Tripadvisor
- Private Beijing Daxing Airport Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City is hosted by Discover Beijing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Beijing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Beijing Daxing Airport Layover Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City on Tripadvisor