Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (153)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Experience the best of Hong Kong’s diverse culinary culture on an island food tour. Ideal for first-time visitors, this experience provides an overview of Hong Kong’s foodie scene and reveals lesser-known local specialties such as egg tarts and milk tea. Explore with ease in a small group limited to eight people, and receive enough restaurant recommendations from your guide to guarantee great food for the rest of your trip.
You'll start at
28 Des Voeux Rd W
28 Des Voeux Rd W, Sheung Wan, Hong KongOutside the main entrance to the IBIS Hotel. 28 Des Voeux Road WEST, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island. (Not Des Voeux Road Central).
See address & details
- 1Sheung WanStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Seafood StreetStop: 20 minutes -See detailsPass by Graham Street MarketPass by Hello Hong Kong: Private & Small Group Tours
- 3CentralStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Mid-levels EscalatorStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Hong Kong Tramways (Ding Ding)Stop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Wan ChaiStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Hong Kong Hennessy RoadStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
You'll end at
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
See address & details
- Get an insider experience of Hong Kong’s fascinating culinary scene
- Sample local specialties such as wonton noodles, egg tarts, and roasted meat
- Receive enough restaurant recommendations to last your entire vacation
- Explore and eat in an intimate group limited to eight people
What to Expect
Convene with your guide and group at a designated meeting point in the Sheung Wan district of Hong Kong. Begin the tour with a dim sum breakfast at a nearly 100-year-old teahouse. Then continue to a family-run, Michelin-recommended restaurant to sample wonton noodles accompanied by milk tea—a culinary relic of Britain’s colonial rule. Following a ride on the famous Ding Ding Tram (at your own expense), you’ll sample char sui (roasted meat) before satisfying your sweet tooth with dan tat (egg tart) from a 60-year-old bakery. Throughout the tour, peek into local tea shops, a family-run soy sauce producer, dried seafood and medicine shops, and the city’s oldest wet market. The tour concludes at your final stop.
28 Des Voeux Rd W, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Professional guide
- Dim Sum / Yum Cha Experience
- Wonton Noodle Soup
- Hong Kong Milk Tea
- Egg Tart
- Traditional dried fruit sweets
- Ding Ding (Tram) ride
- Char Siu (BBQ Pork)
- Entry/Admission - Sheung Wan
- Entry/Admission - Central
- Entry/Admission - Hong Kong Tramways (Ding Ding)
- Entry/Admission - Wan Chai
- Entry/Admission - Hong Kong Hennessy Road
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Arrive hungry; it is recommended that you do not eat breakfast before the tour
- Please bring a camera
- Upon booking you will be sent easy-to-follow directions on how to get to the meeting point in the Sheung Wan district
- This tour is not suitable for vegetarians or people with seafood allergies
- Please also inform us if you are travelling with children under 12 years of age.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than one week (more than 168 hours) in advance we will give you a full refund (excluding credit card processing charges. If you cancel between 7 days and 2 days (between 167 and 48 hours before) we will give you a 50% refund (excluding any service charge). There are no refunds if you cancel less than 48 hours' notice.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travellers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
We had an excellent food tour with Jane! We went to multiple places and tried many types of food, including dim sum, spring rolls, buns, hot tea, won ton noodle soup, iced milk tea, roasted meat (pork) and an egg tart. Most of the places were Michelin-recommended and the food…
Date of experience: January 2020
It was one of the most interesting Food Tours we have ever done. Mel was just amazing and he knows so much, not only about Food. 100% recommendable! Thanks a lot Mel.
Date of experience: January 2020
My girlfriend and I have found that walking tours are a great way for us to get to know a destination, and we love to eat, so this tour with Jane was an excellent fit for us! Delicious dishes and interesting company. We were joined on our tour by a friend who was living in HK at…
Date of experience: May 2019
Agnes was fantastic - she'd planned the stops really well and gave us lots of fascinating information about the origins of the food and the wider Hong Kong food culture. As a solo traveller it gave me a great chance to try lots of different things. Highly recommended!
Date of experience: September 2019
Mel was our guide and he met us on time at the allocated meeting point. He gave us a very informative tour that focussed on the local food and some history of the island. We caught a bus during the tour which was also fun. We finished the tour by watching the laser light show…
Date of experience: June 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hello Hong Kong: Private & Small Group Tours
Great way to see Hong Kong quickly!
We only had a day to really see Hong Kong and I’m glad we had Mel as our guide. We ate too much at the hotel so unf…
Private Custom Half Day Tour
We had a wonderful tour which includedall the things that we requested to see,taste and experience.Highlights inclu…
Beautiful City, Wonderful Guide
We had a wonderful tour with Agnes our tour guide from Hello Hong Kong. We visited the Wong Tai Sin Temple where s…
Amazing food and an amazing guide!
My guide Sinclair was incredible; great knowledge of the areas and restaurants we went to, patient when I was runni…
Most Enjoyable Lantau Tour
Our tour guide, Stephanie, took us to Lantau to visit the Big Buddha site and the fishermen village Tai O. The plac…
Great way to see the city
We had a great day with Richard our tour guide. He was knowledgeable and interesting. We feel we have learned so mu…
Wonderful Experience with Ryan
Ryan's knowledge,energy and enthusiasm kept us going! He was so organized that we were able to see so many things i…
Full Day Walking Tour with Sinclair
Fantastic day with Sinclair getting to know Hong Kong. We were first time visitors to Hong Kong. Started with a dim…
We had the best 4 hour private tour in Hong Kong with Ryan. We landed at 6am and had a 9am tour time. He picked u…
Spectacular Day In Lantau
Our family had the best day in Lantau with Sainclair. From the moment we met Sinclair, we knew we were in great h…
To say this tour was a private custom tour of Hong Kong does not do it justice! Richard went above and beyond! We e…
On our first of five days in Hong Kong, our guide Agnes showed us and told us about so many things to do and places…
Mel was an excellent tour guide. When we first met in lobby of our hotel, he asked us what it is we wanted to get …
Great short trip around Hong Kong
We were met off our cruise ship by tour guide Richard and driver Jeff. They were both very nice guys and made us fe…
Great sampling of Hong Kong in a short time!!
We took the layover tour with Richard. This was our first visit to Hong King and it turned out to be a great way to…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241