Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Spend the day on Lantau Island and check off its highlights in one easy trip. With prebooked tickets to save you time and avoid hassle, this day trip also includes round-trip transport from Hong Kong for extra convenience. Travel with a guide by coach, cable car, and boat to discover the Tian Tan Buddha, Po Lin Monastery, and Tai O fishing village. A vegetarian Chinese lunch is also included.
- You’ll have 14 starting optionsOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lantau islandStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 2Tung ChungStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Ngong Ping 360Stop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)Stop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Po Lin (Precious Lotus) MonasteryStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 6Tai OStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byLantau Country Park
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Avoid any lines at the Ngong Ping 360 cable car with your prebooked ticket
- Relax with door-to-door transport from your Hong Kong or Kowloon hotel
- Hear the history of the Tian Tan Buddha and Po Lin Monastery from a guide
- Enjoy firsthand views of Tai O’s famous stilt houses during a boat ride
What to Expect
After hotel pickup, ascend Lantau Peak via the Ngong Ping 360, a cable car that connects Tung Chung to the Po Lin Monastery and one of the world’s largest outdoor Buddhas, the Tian Tan Buddha. As the urban sights slip into the distance, the views are soon replaced with sweeping vistas of the South China Sea. Gaze at Hong Kong International Airport and admire aerial views of the Tian Tan Buddha before you visit it. The route from the cable car to the Buddha is steep, but if you decide to walk, the views make the 268-step climb worthwhile. Otherwise, take the shuttle bus and then visit the Buddha museums and Po Lin Monastery, a pilgrimage site considered sacred by Buddhists. Relax over a vegetarian lunch at the monastery and then travel by coach to Tai O. Cruise around its stilt houses, contrasting the fishing village to heady Hong Kong today. Finally, return to your Hong Kong hotel.
Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, 1 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, 50 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Harbour Grand Hong Kong, 23 Oil St, North Point, Hong Kong Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees, 199 Kowloon City Rd, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong Harbour Plaza Metropolis, 7 Metropolis Dr, Hung Hom, Hong Kong Imperial Hotel, 32-34 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, 3 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Prince Hotel, Harbour City, 23 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Royal Plaza Hotel, 193 Prince Edward Rd W, Kadoorie Hill, Hong Kong The Cityview, 23 Waterloo Rd, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, 70號 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Metropark Hotel Mongkok, 22 Lai Chi Kok Rd, Mong Kok, Hong Kong B. P. International House, Kwun Chung, Hong Kong
Returns to original departure point
- Pickup from major centrally located hotels. Or meet tour guide & other tourists at a departure point
- Do you pickup from my hotel, or I go to a departure point? What time? Book now and find the answer
- Group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride to mountain top from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping.
- On mountain top, shuttle bus to Buddha after taking cable car, you do not need to climb 268 steps.
- Boat ride in Tai O Village to see the stilts houses. Pink Dolphin can be seen sometimes in summer.
- Chinese style vegetarian lunch at Po Lin Monastery
- Return cable car ride to Tung Chung, see the world's longest sea crossing HKG-MACAO bridge from sky.
- Tour ends in Tung Chung at 4pm, then you will take 1-hour coach back to your hotel in downtown.
- You will be transferred back to hotel before 18:00. The actual time depends on traffic in rush hour
- Service of English speaking tour guide during all transfers and sightseeing
- If you do not offer a preferred pickup place or address, you will receive cancellation note & refund
- Group tour: Pickup is not available from airport, cruise terminal, subway station & railway station.
- Airport (no pickup): Meet in W Hotel at 10:00. Take airport express to Kowloon Station, Exit D1.
- Kai Tak Cruise Terminal (no pickup): Meet in Harbour Plaza Metropolis (7 Metropolis Drive) at 10:20.
- Ocean Cruise Terminal (no pickup): 6 minute walk to Marco Polo HongKong Hotel (3 Canton Rd) at 10:00
- Private pickup from cruise terminal: Please choose the option of "Private Upgrade -Crystal Cabin".
- Entry/Admission - Tung Chung
- Entry/Admission - Ngong Ping 360
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
- Entry/Admission - Tai O
- Gratuities for guide and driver (optional)
- 2-way taxi fare between your hotel and the departure point if your hotel is not in the pickup list.
- Pickup from a hotel in Shenzhen
- The tour bus is designed for sightseeing. No seperated luggage room. Big luggage is not allowed.
- Request of taking this tour with big luggages onboard and transfering to airport will be rejected.
- Luggage exceeds dimension of 48cm x 34cm x 23cm or weighs above 4 kg is not allowed on cable car
- Left luggage service at Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal. Optional storage fee is HK$100 per piece.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will be picked up from hotel lobby, or you will be advised to meet with your tour guide and other tourists at the nearest departure point. This tour is a seat-in-coach tour. You will buy a seat on a tour coach, share an escorted tour with other tourists. If you do not like the lengthy tour start time, please choose the option of "Private Upgrade -Crystal Cabin".
- If you stay in a local home or a hotel not in the pickup list, please inform of the address upon booking. You will be informed of the nearest pickup hotel and pickup time to meet your tour guide. Your reply of approval of this pickup arrangement and deadline of apply time is critical. No show at the meeting place will receive no refund.
- If you book an activity less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled activity start time, you are required to telephone the local tour supplier immediately right after your booking. The telephone number of the local tour supplier is displayed on your voucher. The office is open from 0700 to 2100 Hong Kong time. If no one answers the phone call after office hour, please telephone again at 0700 next day to add you in the pickup list. Otherwise the tour bus will not go to your hotel.
- Upon pickup, your tour guide will find you by eye contact, or read your name from the pickup list. Meeting point is hotel lobby or you will be advised of the nearest meeting place to meet with your guide. Please be waiting at the meeting place 10 minutes prior to departure. No refund for your no show or late arrival.
- The standard cancellation policy is: (1) a 100% refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. (2) Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the experience will receive no refund.
- At the cable car station, most people line up to buy ticket on site and enter through Individual Entry. The normal waiting time is 2 hours. Your prepaid confirmation coupon allows you to use Group Entry. Less people line up here. Group Entry is a privilege benefit for travel agents' customers only.
- As informed by Ngong Ping Cable Car Company, Ngong Ping Cable Car Service will be closed temporarily for scheduled maintenance on 14 Jan 2020.
- When Ngong Ping Cable Car will be suspended to carry out bi-monthly regular scheduled maintenance, or closed due to severe weather warning, alternative coach transportation will be available during the cable car service suspension. This tour will be operated by coach transfer between Ngong Ping and Tung Chung. No reduction in the tour price for the lack of the cable car ride.
- In the event that the boat ride is suspended in Tai O village, a HK$20 cash coupon will be issued for use in Ngong Ping 360 souvenirs shops. The Tai O boat ride will be suspended service on Sat 25th, Jan 2020 (1st Day of Chines New Year).
- How to join in this tour from airport: (1) Please take 24-minute Airport Express train, get off at Kowloon Station, go out from Exit D1, walk for 97m (2 minute) to W Hong Kong Hotel (Add: 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station, Kowloon). The pickup time from W Hong Kong Hotel is 10:00am daily. Your tour guide has a pickup list and will find you in the lobby. After tour, you will come back to W Hong Kong Hotel at 18:00 after tour. From Airport Station, the 1st train leaves at 05:54. From Kowloon Station back to airport, the last train leaves at 00:52. (2) Because this tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm, you can take a taxi from there back to airport. It takes 10 minute by taxi. (3) You take your own risk of missing your flight. Please only book this tour when your flight leaves from HKG after 20:00. The latest information of security check from airport is: Access control measures are being taken at terminals. Visitors are advised to arrive 3 hours before departure for proper checks. (4) Round trip airport express fare or taxi fare will be paid by yourself. No refund or discount on original tour price. (5) No refund for no show or late arrival caused by arrival flight cancel and arrival flight delay.
- If you live in a hotel on Lantau Island (Disney Resorts, Novotel Citygate, SkyCity Marriott, Regal Airport Hotel etc): (1) The meeting time is 10:55 from the Taxi Stand at Tung Chung cable car station. You need to take a Lantau taxi (blue) to Tung Chung Cable Car Station. It costs around HKD118 one way for 20 minute driving distance. (2) Tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm. (3) Round trip taxi fare will be paid by yourself. No refund or discount on original tour price. (4) No refund for no show or late arrival
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
went on weekdays , less crowded and you can absolutely take some cool photo shot can take the cable car up to the hills, and return take the bus
Date of experience: October 2019
Highly recommended. This tour was so very much fun!! Cannot believe how amazing it was. Skeptical of the meal at the Temple, but that was all tastey too!!
Date of experience: March 2019
1 Helpful vote
We had a great day but I felt we needed more time at Tai o fishing village and allowed to explore more. I think we had too much time at The Big Buddha and maybe the balance of time needs to be reviewed. Otherwise we did and saw everything we had hoped for
Date of experience: January 2020
Excellent day out. Our guide Rex was brilliant and provided fantastic information. The pick up from the hotel was on time. The whole experience was superb. Lunch at the Monastry was terriffic. A day not to be missed.
Date of experience: January 2020
Even though you could go to the place on your own but going with the tour helps skip the long queues everywhere, especially at the cable car. Also, the coach takes you all the way up to the Buddha from the base which means you don't have to walk a lot and actually enjoy the…
Date of experience: December 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Century Holiday Hong Kong
A Poor Substitue
I have been to Disney World in Florida and Disney Land numerous time in Los Angeles. I checked it out once and I wi…
Unfortunate foggy day
Weather was not on our side that day. We were completely ‘lost’ in fog during the crystal cabin cable car ride & Bu…
Lantau Island half day tour
Interesting enough to travel on the gondola and to visit the Buddha + temple. The guide was very bad. Nothing inter…
I really cant recommend this trip other than a very easy entry and exit from China - no vise was asked for or required
The guide try's to get you to buy from their "Special Shops" but better buys can be had elsewhere but you really ha…
Afternoon tour Lantau Island A superb experience
This was an absolutely fantastic tour and well exceeded our expectations. The guide was very efficient gave us cl…
Cheap and handy for Senior. Simple and easy to use, very convenient for travelers. Cheap package to buy.
Lantau Cable Skip the Line.
First thing, if you’re going to take the Cable Car to the Big Buddha it pays to buy a tour just for the skip the li…
Well organised, poor guide
The pickup and transfer was very well organised with professional handling from the organizers. After the transfer …
Easy way to get an overview of HK Island
We only had one day in Hong Kong en route home from South East Asia. We hadn’t sorted out the public transport syst…
The service of the tour was great, they came at the expected hour to the hotel, the tour guide really know about ev…
Great trip to see a different part of Hong Kong
Great cable car ride- we chose a glass bottom (crystal) cabin- views were spectacular. Lovely to see the Temple and…
Fast to Hong Kong
We pre-booked tickets and had no issue using them to access the system. This was a fast, efficient and clean way t…
Fast and comfortable
Experienced no sea sickness during the one hour long journey. All in all a very straightforward there and back. You…
The Service from the Airport to Hong Kong Island is great and easy to use BUT even though our Hotel was listed as o…
Hong Kong Morning tour
Good overview of Hong Kong island. Candy, our guide, was great. Only negative is the visit to the jewelry place w…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 186 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island
Which attractions will I visit with Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island?
How much is Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island?
Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island price starts from £111.29. Discover and book Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island on Tripadvisor
What is the Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island cancellation policy?
Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island?
Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island is hosted by Century Holiday Hong Kong. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Century Holiday Hong Kong on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island on Tripadvisor