Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Ganden MonasteryStop: 2 hours - Admission includedStarting from your hotel in the morning with your tour guide, you will drive about 38 miles (60 kilometers) to the Ganden Monastery. Driving northwards along Lhasa River, you will enjoy the fantastic Lhasa River bathed in cozy sunlight. Following the winding road to the top of Wangpori mountain standing 12,470 feet (3,800 meters) above sea level, you will come to Ganden Monastery, which is one of the "Great Three" Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet, founded by the Great Tsongkhapa in 1409. It is interesting to trek Lingkor (circle) around the monastery and then see one of the main sites - Serdung, which contains the tomb of Tsongkhapa. Also, see the Great Tsongkhapa's meditation cave and many religious figure statues and not to mention the beautiful views over the Lhasa valley. The monastery has dozens of chapels, and the main chapels have fresh red walls with golden roof shining. After visiting the monastery, you will have a short hiking around it to see lots of carved Buddhist scriptures on the rock and pilgrims circling the monastery. After that, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Lhasa city.Read more
- Small-group (2-12 persons)
- Hotel Pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking, local Tibetan guide
- City tour tourist vehicle
- Liability travel insurance
- Drinking water provided during the trip
- Entrance fee of tourist site
- Entry/Admission - Ganden Monastery
- Tibet Travel Permit (USD$50 per person)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Book at least 20 days in advance so tour operator may attain your Tibet Permit. Tibet Permit will be delivered to customers' delivery address / hotel addressin one city of China. Please note your tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
- Notice: Customers' airport pick-up and drop-off in Lhasa need be arranged by tour supplier. If customers fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu, please do not apply for China L Visa in advance, because customers need apply for their Tibet Group Visa from China Embassy in Kathmandu via travel agency. Before that, they need ask for invitation letter from tour supplier. If customers fly or take a train to Lhasa from one city of China, they need apply for their China L Visa from China Embassy in their country.
- A valid passport and China L Visa used to apply for Tibet Permit are required on the travelling period
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Travelers who got a Tibet Travel Permit from another travel agency cannot book this day tour
- Travelers are required to book multiple day tours from the same suppliers if their plan includes multiple destinations in Tibet
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Jenny was a fantastic guide. Very knowledgeable about the history of Lhasa and Tibet. She was very accommodating to my special requests. I would take another tour with Jenny any time.
Date of experience: April 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Tibet Vista
The Rooftop of the World
Back in October of 2017, I wanted to visit Tibet. While looking on Wechat articles for some way to get there, I cam…
English speaking staff, quick responses, great attention to detail
I highly recommend Tibet Visa for anyone looking to explore Tibet The friendly, English speaking staff did an amaz…
Indeed a majestic roof of the world!
I took this week long trip with my wife in Oct 2019 with no prior experience of such high altitude.We couldn't stop…
A visit to Tibet
Well what can I say... this is such a beautiful place to visit - definitely recommend it to everyone! Every Tibetan…
Had the best Tibet experience! Nothing disappointed me, the place, the people and culture all fascinating! Our guid…
Tibet is, above all, a dream land. That said, we got caught in the Tibet closing due to epidemics, which didn't all…
very good experience
it was very good experience. tour guide Jigme was very kind, caring and good explain for each sites.
Amazing and Challenging Trip to Tibet & Mt. Qomolangma with Guide Tsedon
We've always been curious with how epic it would be to visit Tibet and also the majestic Mountain Everest which we …
ONE OF THE BEST (AND PHYSICALLY CHALLENGING) TRIPS OF MY LIFE!
First of all, thank you to Chloe the travel agent whom assisted us from the beginning and was always so quick answe…
Amazing trip to Tibet + Everest ❤️
Our experience travelling to Lhasa and Everest was amazing thanks to our guide Kunchok and driver Tashi. Very flexi…
Trip of a lifetime
What an experience! Delightful people and knowledgeable guides to give us a full and interesting insight to this be…
Amazing experience with great organization
Great experience with Tibet Vista and our guide, Tenzin. I did the 7 day overland from Lash to Katmandu. Tibet Vi…
Amazing Tibet Experience with Guide Tenwong
My wife and I just completed a 7 day Lhasa to Everest Base Camp tour with Tibet Vista. Although the experience was…
Gyantse and Shigatse extension tour from Lhasa
My wife and I travelled to Lhasa in December 2019 and after three nights there we continued to Gyantse and Shigats…
First time in Tibet (only in Lhasa), an amazing and fascinating experience
We came to Tibet as a small tiny group of three: me, my girlfriend and my mom. The first day we arrived at Lhasa ai…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery
What time does Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery start?
Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery on Tripadvisor
How much is Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery?
Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery price starts from £130.91. Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery on Tripadvisor
What is the Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery cancellation policy?
Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day Tour: Tibet Ganden Monastery on Tripadvisor