Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This trip shall bring the tourists ahead in Tsang area of Tibet, which is the political, economic and culture center in Tibet – Shigatse. It is a good choice for those who wish to experience Tibetian Buddhism culture, and see the most beautiful natural landscape. The two important visiting cities: Lhasa and Shigatse are below the elevation of 4000 meters, very suitable for those who are afraid altitude reaction. The itineraries covered most major monasteries, include: Patala Palace, and one of the three sacred lakes – Yamdrok Lake. Besides, may go and visiting the biggest monastery – Tashilunpo Monastery.
Lhasa Gonggar Airport, Gonggar County, Shannan, Tibet, China Lhasa Railway Station, Doilungdêqên District, Lhasa, China
Returns to original departure point
- Private professional English-Speaking local tour guide
- Licensed Vehicle with experienced driver
- Airport (or train）pick up and drop off
- 4 nights accommodation in Lhasa city, 1 night at Shigatse (Based on double occupancy)
- Breakfast provided by the hotel
- Tourists Accident/Casualty Insurance
- A container of Oxygen for emergency use
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lodging and meal allowance to the guide & driver
- Reservation fee for visiting Potala Palace
- 2 bottles of drinking water per person per day
- Meals not specified in the itinerary (All lunches & dinners)
- All Entrance tickets to the sightseeing places
- Flight/Trian tickets in and out of Tibet
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional tour activities, etc.
- Any losses incurred from the force majeure factor like government control, natural disaster etc.
- Tips to the guide & driver ( Tips is not required but expected)
- Single room supplement
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Travelers are required to provide photocopy of passports and China L visas at least 20 days prior to travel date.
- With its much higher elevation, some visitors may experience symptoms of altitude sickness. We recommend taking everything slowly, getting plenty of rest the first day and staying very well hydrated by drinking plenty of water to minimize the effects of the high altitude. Usually you will fine by the second day, but if you do experience severe and/ or worsening symptoms, please contact your tour guide or a member of our staff immediately.
- The tour operator will contact you after the booking is confirmed.
- If you enter by plane from mainland China, the Tibet permit will be delivered to you before you board the flight in mainland city.
- If you enter by train from mainland china, You will only need a printed copy of the Tibet permit, which you will receive from the local operator via email
- If you enter Tibet from Nepal, you have to get your GROUP VISA in the Chinese embassy of Kathmandu, whether you have already Chinese visa or not.Group Visa is an A4 size sheet of paper, with all members of the tour and their passport number, date of birth and profession listed. The dates of entry and exit are precisely mentioned. To apply the Group visa, you will need an invitation letter from Tibet Tourism Bureau. After confirming the tour, you need to send us the copy of your passport and then we can apply the invitation letter with your passport copy. After getting the invitation letter, we will send it to our local stuff at Kathmandu. Then you will meet our local stuff at Kathmandu after your arrival in Kathmandu. Please do remember, you'll need at least 3 working days to apply your Group Visa.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The tour guide and diver are pretty kind and zealous! And all the stories the guide told are very attractive as well. Hope next time visiting there, they can entertain us again.💓
Date of experience: July 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Asia Odyssey Travel
Trip of a life time
I had a special request for my travel. That was hiking at the Tiger Leaping Gorge and climbing to the summit of Hab…
Service at its best
First of all, they really care. When ever you have questions you get answers. Guides and complete organisation are …
Once in a lifetime experience!
We decided to go with Asia Odyssey Travel for the excellent service and follow up we received from Amy!! Amy was re…
I searched a lot of tour agencies via internet and decided Asia Odyssey because of good reviews and schedule. My …
Amazing Tibet travel, beautiful views and memorable experiences
I wanted to visit Tibet for a very long time. Since I live in abroad, this wish was like The Everest Mountain, unre…
Awesome Beijing Lhasa tour
Just wanted to say I and my partner Jane had a fantastic trip of a lifetime and can’t thank all the team enough! Am…
Nice trip with great experience
Had a 10 days trip to Tibet with Asia Odyssey. The staffs and tour guide are very nice and helpful. Kay was the per…
Memorable trip with stunning sceneries
The entire tour was amazing. The itinerary was great.The weather was perfect, clear blue skies and brilliant sunshi…
Really nice trip! Appreciate!
Tibet is a great place with wonderful view and people. Thanks Aisha odysseytravel’s arrangement include guide, hot…
Initially very disappointing
We had a very mixed experience with Asian Odyssey. First of all please be aware that they are not a local Tibetan c…
Wonderful Tibet tour, special thanks to Asia Odyssey Travel
First at all, we would like to say we have a wonderful 9D8N Tibet trip arrange by Asia Oddessy Travel, they are rea…
I definitely recommend the office
Last week we (4 of us) traveled to Tibet one way by train and return by flight. Upon arrival to Lhasa a tour guid…
Awesome experience for a lifetime. Highly recommended.
We booked the tour with Asia Odyssey after surveying few tour companies as it’s the cheapest among those with excel…
A wonderful Mt.Kailash trip
We are thankful so much again to our agency Asia Odyssey Travel and my dear Amy for the wonderful arrangement and m…
- From arranging our Tibet Permit, organizing paperwork, answering all sorts of questions/doubts, our travel consu…
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, Dutch
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour
How much is 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour?
6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour price starts from £647.46. Discover and book 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour cancellation policy?
6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour?
6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour is hosted by Asia Odyssey Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Asia Odyssey Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 6 days. Discover and book 6 Days Lhasa - Gyantse - Shigatse Private Tour on Tripadvisor