This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This is a papular overland tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu via EBC. It will take two days to visit Lhasa where you can see the world heritage Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Sera and Drepung monastery. After the visit to Lhasa, we will drive you to the Shigatse through the main highway. On the way from Lhasa to Shigatse, you'll enjoy the unique plateau scenery of western Tibet by driving along the friendship highway, witness blue color lake Yamdroktso and shinning Karola Glacier under the sunny plateau climate, also you will see the seat of Pancha Lama - Tashilhunpo Monastery. Continue the journey after passing through Shigatse, you will stand on the closest place reaching the sky - Everest Base Camp, and feel the beauty of silence. If the weather is good, you can have a clear view of the sunset of the golden Everest peak. The next day you will go down to Gyirong town in the morning. Finally, you’ll get to the Gyirong border between Tibet and Nepal, and get to Kathmandu.
Shigatse - Tingri - EBC(5100m),...
EBC – Gyirong Border
Gyirong To Nepal Border
- Lodgings: 4 Nights, twin room en suite in 3★/4★; 2 Night in GUESTHOUSE;
- Travel-licensed vehicle according to group size & season as itinerary needed including gas;
- Free Lhasa Railway Station transfer at all time on first & last day;
- Free airport pickup at 9:30 am，13:00 pm and 16:00 pm and sendoff at 6:00 am，8:30 am and 12:30 pm.
- Guide: experienced local English-speaking tour guide;
- Permit: Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB)
- Travel Agency Liability insurance;
- Government Tax;
- Oxygen tank for emergency use;
- One bottle of mineral water per person per day;
- Entry/Admission - Drepung Monastery (Zhebang Si)
- Entry/Admission - Sera Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Potala Palace
- Entry/Admission - Jokhang Temple
- Entry/Admission - Yamdrok Yumtso Lake
- Entry/Admission - Pelkhor Choede
- Entry/Admission - Rongbuk Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Everest Base Camp
- Private Lhasa Airport transfer if your flight isn’t within our free service time, USD60/vehicle/time
- International flight to and out of China;
- China Visa
- Lunch & Dinner
- Optional sights
- Additional days caused by unexpected natural disasters. eg. Land Slide, Avalanche, etc.
- Gratuities to guide and driver according to your budget and level of satisfaction.
- Personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance
- Anything not listed in INCLUSIONS
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
My wife and I took the 7 day Lhasa-Mt. Everest-Kathmandu tour with Great Tibet Tour in early December. December although low season was actually a good time for a tour of Tibet. There were very few other western tourists and the temperature wasn’t as cold as I anticipated. The…
Date of experience: December 2019
Response from Cherry C, Owner at 7 Days Lhasa Mt. Everest Kathmandu Overland Group Tour
Responded 1 Jan 2020
Hi Craig, Thank you for your beautiful words and feedback. And we are always trying to provide the best service to all of our clients including you. Sincerely hope we could serve you or your friends next time in future! Have a nice day.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Great Tibet Tour
A Trip That Helped Me Discover The Happiness Within
I planned my trip with Great Tibet Travels last year (2019) during July. This trip has changed my life for the bett…
We have a great time in Tibet joining the EBC tour with GTT
The arrangement route is nice, with 3 days at Lhasa for acclimatization. Both the tour guide Lobsang and driver Pak…
the 8 days Lhasa EBC tour to anyone who might have an interest in seeing Everest
I can hardly think of the right words to thank you for a fantastic vacation in Tibet. I’m sorting out my photos, so…
We had a private tour booked for our family and I have to say it was great for us. Everything was well organized fr…
Traveling on such a plateau with an average altitude of 4000 meters is not easy. But it worth!
I was so lucky that I booked the 8 Days Lhasa Gyantse Shigatse Mt. Everest Group Tour with Great Tibet Tour which i…
Fulfilled my thirty-year wish to see and experience Tibet
My visit to Lhasa was complete in every way and fulfilled my thirty-year wish to see and experience Tibet. Thank yo…
Nine days across Tibet from Lhasa to Everest base camp
Great staff . Dutiful drivers and very accommodating and conscientious guides . They did their best to show the won…
I just took the 8 day tour to Tibet with Great Tibet Tours. I had a fantastic week, the hotels were fine, the iti…
Great Tibet Tours from Lhasa to Nepal and Bhutan
Do not book with this company it is the worst with respect to being honest about travel times from one location to …
The real deal
Tibetan guide, prompt and comfortable transportation, comfortable in-town hotel, easy guided access to monasteries …
Very Diligent and Professional Company
Overall, Great Tibet Tour provided us a wonderful trip through a very beautiful part of the world which included th…
Great service for Tibet
Beatrice from Great Tibet Tour made our trip possible since she helped so much with the permits and the timing. Gre…
We had a FANTASTIC time in Tibet
I have arrived home safe and sound and wanted to let you know that we had a FANTASTIC time in Tibet, even though on…
Enjoy my 6 days tour
a 6-day/5-night Lhasa Shigatse group tour with Great Tibet Tour in September 2019. There are three times group airp…
8 day tour
We had a great guide Dadji. Lhasa was great and Potal palace. Trip to EBC was a long journey for the few hours we h…
- Great Tibet Tour, Drepung Monastery (Zhebang Si), and 10 more
- Duration: 7 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241