View all photos (32)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This sightseeing tour of Cuenca combines vehicle transport with easy strolling so you can soak up multiple landmarks at a mellow pace. The Modern Art Museum, El Sagrario (Old Cathedral), flower market and Panama hat factory, plus Mirador de Turi viewpoint are all stops on the half-day itinerary, starting with hotel pickup.
StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Mercado 10 De AgostoStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedOur tour begins in San Sebastian neighborhood, here we find the Modern Art Museum where the famous international biennial painting contest takes place. We will be able to explore not only the exhibits but also the historical house with its typical architecture. Afterwards we will visit the "10 de Agosto market", this is the perfect spot to learn about the local products and culture.Read more
See Important Information for details
- Half-day Cuenca tour includes scenic viewpoint and multiple stops
- Easy way to explore neighborhoods like San Sebastian
- Guide discusses colonial architecture, parks, and museums
- Transport provided from centrally located hotels
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Mercado 10 De Agosto
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 days notice to reconfirm the tour.
- For 1 to 5 passengers, a bilingual guide will also be the driver. For more than 5 passengers, a driver and a bilingual guide will be provided.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Klever, my guide, was great; informative and knowledgeable. I appreciated the chance to go to the Panama Hat Factory to learn about the history and the process of making these hats. They are beautiful works of art. I also appreciated learning a bit about the history and…
My husband and I had what turned out to be a private half-day tour of Cuenca given by Sebastian. We had done a "Hop On, Hop Off" tour of Cuenca the day before (frankly, to kill some time before check-in), and it gave us a basic overview of the city, but was minimal in quality. …
Date of experience: October 2019
Our guide, Klever, loves Cuenca and after this tour we loved it also. The Ortega hat factory tour was fascinating. The information Klever gave us about the differences in dress of the women from different ethnic groups was so interesting. We loved learning of the various types…
Response from Cuenca B, Manager at Half-Day Tour of Cuenca Including Panama Hat Factory
Responded 23 Sep 2019
Dear Elvlin, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are really glad to hear that you fell in love with Cuenca. Actually, Cuenca is one of the most beautiful cities of Ecuador, with old-world cathedrals, colonial parks, and rivers. Cuenca is a city that has too much to offer, and take this tour let you know a little about the city. If you are ever back in Cuenca, we hope to have you in one of our excursions. Sincerely, Paula Carmona Cuenca Bestours Team
This tour was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the tour of the Panama Hat Factory and learning about the history of the factory. We were also greeted there with a warm beverage when we arrived which was a really nice welcoming touch. Afterwards, we visited several different areas…
Date of experience: August 2019
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our tour of Cuenca. Our guide Sebastian, whose English is excellent, gave us a great introduction to the city. He took us to places we would not have found otherwise (the ceramics shop and the last tin smith in Cuenca) which was really special.…
Date of experience: July 2019
About the operator
By: Cuenca Bestours
Best Family Tour i had by far
The tour was a long tour for my Family cause i was with my Wife, infant and Grandpa but it was well worth it, the…
Great Guide & Driver, Breathtaking Beauty
We just had the best day! Our guide was Cristian and our driver was Manuel. Cristian spoke better English than…
Sao Caetano do Sul, SP498257
These tours are so necessary, you will not regret it!
The two tours that look so uneven, but both are history, engineering, cultures, landscapes and extreme beauty. …
Experience of a life time
We booked a 6 days private tour with Cuenca Bestours from Guayaquil to Quito. Everything was perfectly organized…
Ashford, United Kingdom14331
I did the trip on my own
Didn't use a tour package but took the bus like a big boy and had a great time. Sigsig and the weavers museum is…
The train experience was some of the best eye candy from start to fishish. The whole tour was informative and…
Half-Day Tour of Cuenca
Klever, my guide, was great; informative and knowledgeable. I appreciated the chance to go to the Panama Hat…
My husband and I made a last minute decision to do this tour, and it ended up being one of the highlights of our…
Outstanding Short Introduction to Cajas
Our guide Jaime knew a great deal about the geology, flora, and fauna of the park. He led us on a 2.5 km…
Nice natural trip
The trip is excellent, the national park is really full of landscape and magical plants, and this one-day trip…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071