Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (86)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Our journey begins at Km 82, the marker that signifies the start of the famous Inca Trail. To ensure the safety and comfort of your trip we have the best equipment and our highly trained guides being deeply familiar with the web of classic and lesser-known ancient Inca footpaths we’ll take, will expertly lead you through breathtaking high alpine passes, humbling valleys, dense cloud forests, and rushing rivers, past ancient Inca ruins and remote Andean settlements to ultimately arrive at Machu Picchu via Inti Punku (the Sun Gate)
- Hotels , Double occupancy tents with Thermarest sleeping pads.
- Kitchen crew and necessary , Camping gear
- All meals included during trek , Lunch on day 5
- Bilingual guide
- Full day guided visit to Machu Picchu
- Transportation by vehicle from hotel to the start of the trek.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo or Poroy station back to Cusco.
- Meals were not mentioned
- tips, taxes, additional tour
- Insurance and airline ticket ( where applicable
- sleeping bags
- hiking boots and other personal gear & extras
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO TAKE
- Cotton short-sleeved shirts or t-shirts – Long-sleeved shirts – Fleece or Wool sweater and/or trousers – Lightweight Pants – Regular and long underwear (at over 13,000 ft./4,000 masl) – Medium weight parka with fiberfill or down – Light cap and wool hat – Rain poncho (or rain gear) – Water bottle – Light Gloves – Medium weight socks – Hiking boots – Sleeping bag (-5º to 0ºC) – Small daypack – Strong waterproof duffel bag – Sunglasses, Sun block, lip balm – Flashlight with spare batteries and bulb – Towel Personal First-Aid Kit. On each trip we carry a medical Kit but we suggest a small personal First-Aid Kit for bruises and blisters. A knee and ankle brace are sometimes useful especially if you suffer from weak knees or ankles. Include any special medication your doctor might suggest for you.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
My wife and I were due to go on the Inca Trail however due to landslides with the recent rain it had been closed. We were offered other options such as the Lares trail and the Hidden Salkantay. All of our e-mails and questions were responded to promptly and clearly by…
Date of experience: March 2020
1 Helpful vote
Absolutely the best tour company and guide we could've had for our Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu! Our guide was German. He was so knowledgeable in the history, culture, architecture, flora and fauna of all the micro climates we hiked through. Every minute of the trek he…
We just returned from an amazing trip to Peru. Part of our group hiked the Inca trail while others stayed in Cusco. Our driver, Marco, was excellent; he got us where we needed to be and we felt very safe on the windy roads. Before the trail, we were given a tour of the Sacred…
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
Explorandes is a gem. If you’re in Peru or better Cusco the tour far from the tourist mass to Machu Picchu is unique and well organized by the Explorandes team. I most enjoyed the local Peruvian food provided by Julio. The soups and especially the filled cayua was so delicious.…
After almost a year of planning, we hiked the Inca Trail with ExploreAndes on October 25, 2019. I can't speak highly enough of our team of porters, cooks and Wilber, our guide on the Trek. They did everything possible to make the trip a good experience for us. This was our…
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
Inca Trail 5 day trek
We cannot say enough about Explorandes!!! Every thing from booking to the actual trek with Explorandes was except…
Wonderful experience with a customized tour
We asked Explorandes to design a customized tour through Peru for us, and they were really great. From the moment w…
Inca Trail 5 day - best experience EVER
Every single thing about booking and trekking with Explorandes was exceptional and perfect. We are older folks but…
They do an excellent job of taking care of their employees. The food was one item that stood out in reading reviews…
Explorandes had tailor made the holiday as per our requests. It was amazingly well organised and co-ordinated and w…
Such a good trip, everything organised happened without any hitches. From being picked up from the airport to being…
Machu Picchu and Sacred Vally
Explorandes did a great job. We did book guides, transportation and hotels with them and it was great. Services wer…
The is Huayhuash Circuit is the best trek I have experienced
This circuit is described in the guide books as 'Possible the the best Alpine trek in the world.' I think the guide…
Outstanding 5 day tour
We are two active seniors who booked a 5 day tour of the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco. Our guide Celinda w…
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu with a great company and guide!
We booked Explorandes for the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu. Our guide, Darwin (email@example.com), was extrem…
Explorandes created a wonderful custom experience
There were four of us who wanted to see the mountains and the Amazon, and Talia put together an itinerary that took…
Incredible experience that exceeded expectations
I read about Explorandes in a popular London magazine, which rated them as one of the top eco-companies offering Tr…
Mountaineering in the Andes / GREAT planning and support
ExploreAndes organized a superb summit attempt of Ishinca (18K feet+) near Hauraz, Peru for our group hikers wantin…
Amanda Sweeney is Amazing!!!
I am organizing a group trip for 14 people to visit Lima, a yoga retreat and Machu Picchu. for 10 days. I can't bel…
Well done people well done
My first trip booked trough an agent, everything I mean everything was taken care of, simply perfect. Guides well i…
- Inca Trail
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,225 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 687 travellers!
Nature and Wildlife
from $38.00* $40.00
Popular: Booked by 2,918 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 537 travellers!