Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
If you want to do the Inca Trail in less time than usual, we give you the option to do it in just 1 day, we start in the city of Cusco and we arrive by train to Km. 104 where we will start our trek to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu . This short tour is designed for single people, large and small groups; The tour is in private service and for people of all ages.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Machupicchu Vip ToursStop: 12 hours - Admission includedYou will be picked up from your hotel at 4 a.m. Following, we will go to the train station and leave on the 6:10 a.m. train, from Ollantaytambo. The train follows the Urubamba River, until we reach Km 104, where we'll begin our trek. Along the way, you will see spectacular views of the farmlands, snow-capped mountains and the mighty Urubamba River, one of the sources of the Amazon River. At 104 km (2,000 m), we will begin our trek. Once you have everything you need, we will provide you with a packed lunch, energy drinks and take a group photo, before visiting our first Inca site. After an orientation and tour of the Inca site, we will begin hiking upwards, as we head for the Classic Inca Trail. If the weather is clear, we'll have tremendous views of Machu Picchu, the Urubamba River and other surrounding Inca Sites. After hiking for thee hours, we will reach the most beautiful Incan site on the Inca Trail, Wiñay Wayna (Forever Young) at 2,600 m/8,500 ft. Most people do not get the opportunity to see an elaborate water fountain, temples and some agricultural terraces, which provide a perfect opportunity to learn about the history of the Incas. The backdrop of this site drops off a cliff, with beautiful mountains surrounding the area. From Wiñay Wayna, we will walk to the Sun Gate, where we will see the picturesque landscape of Machu Picchu. After taking in the once-in-a-lifetime views, we will begin our descent to Machu Picchu. A big advantage of this hike, is that by the time we reach Machu Picchu, most of the day travelers will have returned home, so you will have the area to yourself. You will have a two hour guided tour by your private English speaking guide. After that, you will have time to explore Machu Picchu by yourself. After taking photos, we take the bus down to Aguas Calientes. Following, we will head for dinner. After dinner, we come back to aguas calientes to take the train to comeback to Cusco.Read more
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transport Cusco-Ollanta- Concetur bus
- Professional Bilingual Guide
- First-aid kit, & oxygen
- Box lunch
- Train tickets.
- Entrances to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Entry/Admission - Machupicchu Vip Tours
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vistadome Service train (Superior) instead of the Expedition one (Tourist train), at an additional cost between $20.00 to $30.00 USD per person. Please note that our guide travels back to Cusco on the Expedition train on all group services, so if you book this extra service you will not be accompanied by our guide.
- Hiking Poles or Walking Sticks $4 USD per pole per day
- Those trekkers who wish to climb Wayna Picchu Mountain after they have finished the trek must let us know well in advance as permits are limited. For high season (May to October), 2-4 months in advance. Low season (November to April) 1-2 months in advance. There is an additional $60 USD per person charge so we can purchase your ticket for the 2nd time slot at 10:00 am (students with ISIC card: $75 USD per person). Machu Picchu Mountain (additional cost $200 USD) is far less busy and doesn’t need to be booked as far in advance but must also be reserved at the time of booking so that we can purchase your ticket.
- Along the Inca Trail, temperatures range from 15-20ºC during the day, if it’s sunny, to 05-10ºC during the day if not sunny. At Wiñaywayna and Machupicchu, at lower altitude, temperatures are usually warmer, though warm clothes are still recommended at night.
- Hiking pants and T-shirts are recommended during the day, complemented by sweaters, fleeces and waterproof jackets. It is very convenient to have light raingear available in your daypack (rain poncho or jacket and/or rain pants) as the weather changes easily and rain can suddenly occur. At night, warm clothing is required: down jackets are useful, otherwise a fleece and a jacket. During Day 2 at Machu Picchu, convertible hiking pants are useful, as they can be switched into shorts if it gets sunny and hot. Machu Picchu has a warm climate, getting only cold at night. The other necessary equipment is included in the “You Should Bring” list. Good quality, comfortable footwear is essential. Whatever you wear on your feet, the most important thing is comfort. It is vital that your boots are well worn in and lightweight. Ankle support and waterproofing are recommended, but if you already have something comfortable with good grip on rocks then don’t go rushing out to buy new boots – you are better off with your well-worn in pair! Low-cut hiking shoes will also work on this trail if your ankles are strong.
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
My boyfriend and I, had a great time touring with this group. Vilma and Luis were very insightful, helpful, and fun. We would highly reccommend this tour group to everyone!
Date of experience: July 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Machupicchu Vip Tours
My daughter and I went to Cusco, Peru for volunteering and while we were there we decided to do some sightseeing on…
Viaje a Cuzco
Best Family trip ever. Our tour guide was excellent. Great job with transportation and suggestions of places to vis…
Machupicchu VIP Tour
It was perfect. Thank you VIP Tours. From the moment we were picked up at the airport, we had excellent attention t…
Wonderful experience for a good price
They were on time to pick us up, they made suggestion to take other tours and to eat in nice restaurantes, our cont…
Rainbow Mountain tour 🌈 5⭐️ Lemon fun you’re going to see the colors 🌈 5⭐️
I recommend TOUR COMPANY They are RESPONSIBLE 5⭐️ They’re also very helpful they come today before and explain to …
Simply The BEST!
We were a group of 8 and since our arrival to Cusco, Vilma, Luis, and their staff, not only gave us the VIP treatme…
Sacred valley full day tour
I was the only one on this tour so it was just me and the driver (tour guide) The lady at the front desk of my hote…
The best experience at Machupicchu
From holland we already had contact with our travel agent Vilma. She listened to our wishes and she planned our tri…
Beautiful, mystic lake, wonderful walk
I loved the tour to Humantay lake. The lake is so beautiful and peaceful up there in the mountains, the sun and the…
Sacred Valley "Hidden Wonders"
What a wonderful experience! Highly recommend Machupicchu VIP Tours as well as the Maison Fortaleza Hotel. Many tha…
Wonderful tour and guides!! Excelente experiencia en el Lares Trek !!
This was one of the most wonderful travels I have ever experienced. I booked the Lares Trek, which is a 3 day/ 2 ni…
My girlfriend booked the Lares Trek and I highly recommend using Machu Picchu VIP Tours for your trek plans. Everyo…
The people make this the best group in Cusco
The staff of this tour group went above and beyond to help my friend and I when we were in Cusco. We stayed with th…
It was a beautiful experience that this agency gave us!! more than all the service was excellent. I totally recomm…
Machu Piccu Tours with the help of Vilma & the Maison Fortaleza Family were spectacular. My special lady and I fel…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,241 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 706 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day
- Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day will start at 4:00 AM. Discover and book Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day on Tripadvisor
- Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day price starts from £396.52. Discover and book Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day on Tripadvisor
- Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day on Tripadvisor
- Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day is hosted by Machupicchu Vip Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Machupicchu Vip Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Inca Trail with Machu Picchu Full Day on Tripadvisor