Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Challenge yourself and get a great payoff on this 12-hour day trip to Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo Mountain) from Cusco. This little-known spot in Peru is not only a must-see because of its naturally colourful mountains, but it’s the perfect location to take trip pics.
- You'll start atHEIDI TRAVEL EIRLCalle Plateros 324, Cusco 08000, PeruWe would meet you at our office next to the main square of Cusco, Plaza De ArmasSee address & details
- 1Cordillera del Arcoiris PalccoyoStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedThe meeting point is in the atrium of the Cathedral of the Plaza de Armas, from 6:50 am to 7:00 am. Our journey would take about an hour and a half towards the district of Checacupe. Here we will have an average of 10 to 15 min. To know the 3 bridges of the area (Colonial, Republican and Inca), we will also take advantage of the opportunity to buy snacks and make use of the toilets. After this stop we will go to the community of Palcoyo that will take a time of 2:20 hrs, to get to the starting point of our route. The starting point of the walk is located at 4100 masl from where we will start a 40 minute walk to the first lookout point located at 4800 masl where we can observe the Palcoyo mountain range for about 30 minutes of free time to take pictures and explore the zone. On the return of our hike we will visit the Stone Forest located at 4900 m.s.m., then make the descent through the Red Valley and return to the starting point of our walk. We will board our transport to go back to the district of CUSIPATA, where we will have an exquisite lunch at the New Restaurant 7 GERANIOS. After lunch we will return to the city of Cusco at approximately 6:30 p.m.Read more
- You'll end atHEIDI TRAVEL EIRLCalle Plateros 324, Cusco 08000, PeruWe would meet you at our office next to the main square of Cusco, Plaza De ArmasSee address & details
HEIDI TRAVEL EIRL, Calle Plateros 324, Cusco 08000, Peru
Returns to original departure point
- Official Guide
- Round Trip Transport
- Lunch and tea/coffee
- First Aid Kit
- Oxygen Shots
- Entrance to Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain
- Tips (Voluntary)
- Entry/Admission - Cordillera del Arcoiris Palccoyo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Felt very easier on this trip up to see the Rainbow Mountains, the view is stunning ang i loved tha fact that there wasn´t a mu8ch of hike and instead they drove almost to the top from where the mountain was just a 15-20 minutes walk away. They also included lunch after the tour…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
Response from HeidiTravelCusco1, Public Relations Manager at Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car
Responded 3 Jan 2020
What a joy to know that you liked the tour to the Palccoyo Mountain of colors, we hope you can return soon and continue visiting Cusco.
Heidi Travels was very helpful and showed a great care while we went to the Rainbow Mountains. Saul the guide was fantastic. He gave us a lot of stories and facts. The best part of the trip was that we were piekced up at 0700 AM and we visited an anciient Inca Bridge on the way.…
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from HeidiTravelCusco1, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car
Responded 17 Oct 2019
Hello! What a pleasure to read that you loved visiting Palccoyo, you can come back very soon.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Heidi Travel EIRL Day Tours
This is a must do
Loved this tour. Booked directly through Heidi (I think). If you’re in Cusco, this is a great day out, and the rich…
Excellent trip to see the Maras and Moray of the Sacred Valley of Incas off the Cusco city. The tour was conducted …
Fantastic tour, well guided trip and extremely friendly and organised team of locals with immensive knowledge about…
Top class tour experience and fantastic attention. The guide service, accommodation, tour coordination, food, trans…
This was a trip of a lifetime. Everything was simply perfect. The guide service was beyond what I expected it to b…
A tour to remember
I visited Cusco with my husband and we couldn't have chosen a better tour to sightsee the city. If you are planing …
Go for it
I can blindly recommend them for the wonderful experience I had with them visiting Machu Picchu by train from Cusco…
A dream come true visiting Machu Picchu on a two days trip from Cuzco with Heidi Travels. You cannot ask for more…
Could Not Have Been Any Better
I am very happy and thankful to the level of service and tour offered by Heidi Travels company. There was no proble…
Value for money
Totally recommended. Quite an unique trip. The sights are very scenic on the way and also while hiking to Machu Pic…
Peru in a weekend
Amazing tour with lovely guides who are informative, friendly and take good care of you. This tour has a great hist…
Great tour, excellent tour guide!!
We took the tour early February, mother-daughter trip. Pick up was right on time and at the hotel, very easy to com…
Entertaining Journey By Train 101 to Machu Picchu.
The journey started from Ollantaytambo Station in Peru and was one of the best scenic journey you don't want to mis…
A very fun filled half day trip to Maras and Moray on Quad bike with Heidi Travels. The trip was just as it was men…
Found this tour to be informative and fun. Learnt a lot about Incan ways of life and their invention. The guide was…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,229 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 690 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car
What time does Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car start?
Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car will start at 6:30 AM. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car on Tripadvisor
How much is Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car?
Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car price starts from £33.90. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car on Tripadvisor
What is the Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car cancellation policy?
Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car?
Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car is hosted by Heidi Travel EIRL Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Heidi Travel EIRL Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Palccoyo) By Car on Tripadvisor