View all photos (46)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll start at
Besarina čikma 5
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by Bjelasnica
- 1Mosque in UmoljaniStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 2Selo UmoljaniStop: 4 hours -See details
- 3Selo LukomirStop: 4 hours -See details
- 4Studeni potokStop: 45 minutes -See details
You'll end at
Besarina čikma 5
Besarina čikma 5, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and HerzegovinaWe are located just 1 min walk from the main Baščaršija square in the old town of Sarajevo. Follow the main tram track from the tram station for 20 meters and turn the first small street called Besarina Čikma on the right. We are on number 5.
See address & details
Besarina čikma 5, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Returns to original departure point
- Real Lunch (not a picnic or food tasting, but a real homemade Lukomir lunch, made of local ingredients. After hours of hiking, we believe that tasting real local food is matter of experience, so we strive for the best food there is). Also note that tea or coffee are included too, with unlimited water. Alcohol or soda drinks are not covered, and can be purchased locally.
- Professional mountain hiking guide
- Health Insurance (make sure to arrange this in advance when you are leaving your home country), but note that this hiking trail is super safe
- Alcohol or soda drinks are not covered, and can be purchased locally.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You should bring:
- Sunscreen (must have for guests with sensitive skin to sunburns)
- 1 l of water (possible to refill along the way)
- Some carbohydrates rich food such as bananas, hazelnuts, chocolate, some fruits, etc. as snack along the way. Also make sure the morning before tour departs, to have a good breakfast. It is mandatory.
- Hiking boots or sport shoes with thick bottom
- Two t-shirts to change
- Rain jacket (in case of bad weather forecast)
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We did this very same hike with SFT when we visited Bosnia for the first time 7 years ago and we adored it then - stunning scenery, great local food, interesting mixing with local villagers - and led by a lovely and knowledgeable guide (Skender). Doing the same hike again did…
We are so happy we took this breathtaking tour!!! Adnan was a fantastic guide! He told us a lot about Bosnian culture and present day happenings. Our lunch in Lukimir was also an incredibly interesting (and delicious!) experience. This tour was the last day of our trip and we…
Date of experience: July 2019
Our trip to Bosnia and Herzegovina was probably the most meaningful trip I have ever taken. I was initially interested in learning more about the war (which I did) but left with the desire to return again and see more of the beautiful countryside, thanks to the excursions we did…
Date of experience: April 2019
The mountains in and around Lukomir village are unlike anything I've seen. They're breathtaking. The air is fresh and the breeze is cool and refreshing. There are some dangerous ridges that add to the adventure. And Funky Tour's guides are like the brothers I wish I had. It all…
Date of experience: June 2019
We spent an amazing day with our guide Saudin hiking Bjelasnica Olympic Mountain to the village of Lukomir! Everything was incredibly well-organized and timely. The hiking itself wasn't too intense, but the length of the day (about 12 hours) made the experience challenging from…
Date of experience: May 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Sarajevo Funky Tours
One of the best hikes of my life!
Everything from start to finish of the tour was wonderful! All of the staff and our hiking lead were all riendly, q…
One of the best tours ever!
This tour was a really interesting tour where you get to see a variety of sites from different periods in Sarajevo’…
Fantasic! Top Notch!
My friend and I used Sarajevo Funky Tours for a tour to Medjugorje, Mostar, Blagaj, Kravice waterfalls, and a few o…
Best Agency to Experience the Balkan Region!
Sarajevo Funky Tours is hands down the best travel agency I have ever had the pleasure of working with. From the in…
A must do tour!!!
We selected this tour on a recommendation and are so pleased we did. Our guide Arna provided us with information of…
Amazing tour guides
We had fantastic tour guides who gave us the option to stick to the schedule or adjust the schedule so we could vis…
Friendly staff and good tours 🙂
I definitely recommend this tour agency. The tour was interesting and we hear lots of great things about Sarajevo. …
Great siege tour
I only had time for the siege tour but really found it insightful and personal in its approach (our guide was a chi…
This tour was perfect! Nadja is one of the best guide I ever had in my life!!! She is really nice, very polite, she…
Amazing and flawless
Amazing tour. I already did other similar tours in other countries and FunkyTours provided me the best experience b…
Amina did a wonderful job. The drive was easy, the scenery beautiful, and the people even better. I can't say enoug…
Dedicated crew, the real ambassadors of Bosnia ı Herzegovina
We just returned from a 9 day winter programme in Bosnia Herzegovina organised by Funky tours. A great combination…
Amazing tour with our tour guide Taib
We participated in a 4-hour siege and war tour. Our tour guide Taib, as someone who has lived his childhood during …
A wonderful and very organized company, I would recommend a thousand percent I contacted them on the email and the…
Loved Bosnia and Herzegovina
Having a 3d2n program with Funky tour was a great option to visit the country that we ended up loving. It is a beau…
- Duration: 9–10 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241