The Bucharest Discovery Tour is a half a day tour that is made for all those who want to discover more than just the main attractions of the city. The tour guide will take you in a journey throughout history for a better understanding and will be there to answer your questions regarding the city or the country.
The Bucharest Discovery Tour is a private tour that can be fully adapted to the needs of the tourists. Transfers by walking/car/public transport.
What will be seen:
Village Museum - an impressive open air museum hosting authentic peasant Romanian architecture.
Triumph Arch - a symbol of victory of the Romanian army,
Palace of the Parliament - exterior visit of the largest building in Europe, a communist dictator dream. (On request, an interior visit can be arranged, please let us know in advance)
Bucharest Old Town - the old place where merchants were selling their products is now the most important place for culture and nightlife in Bucharest:
• wonder the cobblestone streets of the Old Town
• see the Old Court (exterior visit)
• find out about the religion of romanians at a ~500 years old church, The Old Court Church
• get to see the inns of a few hundred years ago
• visit one of the most beautiful bookshop in the world
• see the National Bank of Romania and hear the stories about the currency
• wonder the old passages
Victory Avenue - the street that was considered the spine of the city, where the most important landmarks were/are located (exterior visits, walking tour):
• The History Museum
• the French influence architecture Romanian bank - CEC Bank Palace
• Officers Club and Casa Capsa with their stories
• get to see the communist era buildings and scars left in the city
• enjoy the various architecture of old and new buldings
• see the Royal Palace
• Revolution Square and The Old Headquarter of the Communist party
• The Romanian Athenaeum - a classic music concert hall
Obor Market - visit the biggest market in Bucharest where you can find fresh fruit and vegetables, clothes or electronics. Wonder through the stalls and check the prices of the products and a stop at a locals taverna can be made to sample the famous grilled sausages - Mici.
• private English speaking tour guide
• pick up and drop off at the hotel
• transport around the city
Services not included:
• admission fees at the stated attractions
• personal expenses
• food and drinks other than stated