Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Visit the capital of the second Bulgarian Empire wich was Veliko Tarnovo. This empire was a medieval state that existed between 1185 and 1396 and included parts from Romania, Serbia, Greece and Turcia. Visit the inescapable symbol of Veliko Târnovo, this reconstructed fortress dominates the skyline and is one of Bulgaria’s most beloved monuments. The former seat of the medieval tsars, it hosts the remains of more than 400 houses, 18 churches, the royal palace, an execution rock and more. The fortress morphs into a psychedelic spectacle with a magnificent night-time Sound & Light Show. Visit the village of Arbanassi situated on a high plateau overseeing the Trapezitsa and Tsarevets hills. The settlement saw its bloom in the 17-18th c. when it grew into a wealthy crafts and trade hub. It was during that period that most of its gorgeous houses were erected.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1TsarevetsStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Samovodska Charshiya ComplexStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Konstantsalieva HouseStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4St. Dimitrii of Basarbovo MonasteryStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Tsarevets
- Entry/Admission - Konstantsalieva House
- Entry/Admission - St. Dimitrii of Basarbovo Monastery
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Dreamlike Journeys - România
Fantastic history lesson
I booked this within 2 hours of the start of the tour on my last day in Belgrade and it was absolutely worth it. My…
The real Dracula’s Castle
Sebastian is an excellent guide and driver. Had a brilliant day today, really enjoyed our trip. Sebastian is very k…
Sebastian actually created this trip for me, so it really doesn't fit into any one bucket. It was a little form her…
These were amazing sites and we would have missed them without Sebastian’s knowledge. The secluded Snagov monastery…
Excellent private tour
Sebastian was very knowledge, friendly and flexible. He tailored the trip to match our goals. We highly recommend …
Professional and considering guide, highly recommend
Our tour guide Sebastian is really really professional , He well explained all the history, stories …Also He took m…
Super nice trip
Very nice trip. 11 hours from Bucharest, Sebastian is an excellent guide. We visit everything that was offered. The…
Professional guide Sebastian
if you want to travel with a professional guide, Dreamlike Journeys provide an unforgettable trip in Romania. I hi…
The tour was very interesting. Sebastian knows all the history of these places. Great guide. I recommend!
Having used Sebastian the previous day and with half a day to spare before my late afternoon flight i took this loc…
Having done most of the usual tourist trips in Romania on previous visits I wanted something slightly different and…
Big Like for Great Job
We ve done a trip with Sebastian, the best guide i ve ever met till prezent, he knows many things about history and…
We spend 12 hours just perfect, Sebastian îs a great guide and very good teller, thank You , keep walking (J.W)
I chose to make this trip together with a few friends who came to visit me. It was an interesting journey, full of …
Great Day at the Castles!
Sebastian, our guide, made this day very enjoyable! Not only he is very professional and knows a lot about the plac…
- Duration: 11h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 672 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 115 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 5,943 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,179 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour on Tripadvisor
- Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour price starts from £88.60. Discover and book Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour on Tripadvisor
- Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour on Tripadvisor
- Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour is hosted by Dreamlike Journeys - România. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Dreamlike Journeys - România on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Former capital at Bulgarian empire, Veliko Tarnavo, Private tour on Tripadvisor