Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
A guided birding tour five minutes from Panama City, an excellent place to find local and migrant birds. Best for birds of dry and second growth forest as well as the more widespread forest species of Central Panama.
- You'll start atCafé Unido Casco ViejoOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Metropolitan National ParkStop: 4 hours - Admission includedWe will visit the world's closest rainforest to a city for some of the best birding in Panama.Read more
- You'll end atCafé Unido Casco ViejoCalle 9a Oeste, Panamá, PanamaCasco Antiguo, Calle 10 & Central Avenue, in a corner inside the American Trade Hotel.See address & details
Café Unido Casco Viejo, Calle 9a Oeste, Panamá, Panama
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Stop for Lunch Included - Birders pay for their own meals.
- Entry/Admission - Metropolitan National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Most travellers can participate
- Lunch Stop Included - Birders pay for their own meals.
- Light clothing is recommended: cotton shirts or t-shirts - earth colors preferable- long (preferable) and short pants, poncho, hiking shoes, hat, insect repellent and sun block. Dress as for tropical hot humid weather and be ready for rain.
- Bring binoculars, scope (optional), field guide, notebook and camera (optional).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
I signed up for this birding trip, but typed the wrong date. When I tried to correct it, I learned that the fee is not refundable or changeable. So we were not able to go, and wasted the entire fee. Be very careful when you sign up. This is a rip-off.
Date of experience: February 2020
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Guided Bird Tours
Highly Recommended Private Guide!
I spent a morning with Gonzalo birding Plantation trail in Soberania. I would definitely recommend him to anyone w…
So Many Birds!
This was our Valentines Day treat as part of a month-long stay in Panama City while everyone else was busy with the…
Great Fist Bird Tour
We went on a private tour for the 2 of us. Gonzalo was terrific and so knowledgeable and we saw many birds we woul…
Birding with Gonzola Grimaldo a great life experience
Birding with Gonzola Horna was one of our great life experiences. We birded Metropolitan Park, Achcoate, Old Gambo…
personalized experience with Gonzalo Horna
My husband and I recently had the pleasure of spending a day with professional tour guide, Gonzalo Horna. Gonzalo …
First Birding Trip to Panama
Our guild was Gonzalo Horna and he was great. I am almost deaf and he took great pains to make sure I knew where …
Birds, monkeys, ants, and more
Domi lead us with his ears and eyes, spotting spectacularly colorful birds and teaching us about all the life in th…
Birding with Gonzalo Horna Grimaldo
Gonzalo was our guide for 5 days and enjoyed every minute with him. I am a professional photographer and he took us…
Guided Bird Tour
Excellent. Very experimented bird guide. A guide is the only way to get in touch with the wild birds in Panama.
Gonzalo was very knowledgeable and accommodating. The birds were absolutely spectacular. I am 100% satisfied.
Birding with Gonzalo Horna
My husband and I enjoy birding with Gonzalo Horna. HIs knowledge of birds and of Panama makes for a fascinating da…
The guide and his website did not explain we’ll or give information to pay more to be able to go to the canopy so w…
Generalist easy birding
The guide turned up at our hotel on time in a very smart and large comfortable vehicle. I felt very safe with his d…
Great day birding
Gonzalo was waiting when I disembarked our ship. He spoke excellent English and was very informative with a good kn…
Private 1/2 Day Birding Pipeline Tour
Excellent English speaking bird guide. We saw 70 species in a half day in Panama - primarily PIPELINE ROAD next to…
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,793 travellers!
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 181 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 384 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Birding Metropolitan Natural Park
How much is Birding Metropolitan Natural Park?
Birding Metropolitan Natural Park price starts from £90.52. Discover and book Birding Metropolitan Natural Park on Tripadvisor
What is the Birding Metropolitan Natural Park cancellation policy?
Birding Metropolitan Natural Park cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Birding Metropolitan Natural Park on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Birding Metropolitan Natural Park?
Birding Metropolitan Natural Park is hosted by Guided Bird Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Guided Bird Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Birding Metropolitan Natural Park on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Birding Metropolitan Natural Park?
On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Birding Metropolitan Natural Park on Tripadvisor