Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Akkerman FortressStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedArrive to the oldest town on the territory of Ukraine – Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi that is over 2500 years old. Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi is often called a city of 12 cultures, as, being at a geographical crossroads, it was under the rule of Greeks, Romans, Goths, Bulgarians, Mongols, Armenians, Italians, Moldavians, Turks, Jews, Russians and Ukrainians. The name of the city has also changed many times. The most ancient of them are Ophiussa and Tyre, the most vivid and long lasting is Akkerman, and the most fitting – Belgorod that means “White city”. The highlight of the tour is a visit of the biggest fortress in Ukraine – Akkerman Fortress, which was built in the Middle Ages and is preserved in excellent condition until today. You will walk along its defensive walls, which are 12 m high and 5 m wide, and admire the Dniester estuary through the loopholes. You will visit the underground Church of St. John the New, and get acquainted with other original monuments of the 14th-15th centuries.Read morePass byGreen Tour
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Akkerman Fortress
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
It is a 2 hour drive to get to the Fortress from Odessa. An interesting drive as you have to cross into Modovian territory and then out again during the drive. The site involves a lot of history and I highly recommend a guide to take you around and give insight into the…
Date of experience: September 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Green Tour Ukraine
Very good tour with great views of the city. I highly recommend this tour to tourists. Thank’s a lot to the guide t…
Great experience, and great to support locals
My parents visited me in August 2019 while I was living in Ukraine. This experience was a highlight for them, and t…
Our private Ukrainian Cooking Class in Kiev exceeded expectations. Everything from the private kitchen in a local h…
Excellent way to see a lovely city!
We had a half day guided tour of Kiev and our guide Anna was brilliant. She took us everywhere in Kiev and her know…
Great stay enjoyed
Both myself and the wife enjoyed the stay . The room was very clean and nice the food very great both breakfast and…
Very much worthwhile cooking class to see the value of home cooking
Truly worthwhile excursion, compactly arranged in three hours including the transportation. Also very flexible in s…
Awesome trip! Really helpful and friendly guide! 10/10 would recommend to anyone who wants to do it!
Excellent cultural and educational activity
We had an excellent time with Olga and her family. She taught us how to make 2 Ukrainian specialties and allowed us…
Wonderful Ukrainian experience
The hosts were lovely! We enjoyed every minute of our cooking class and had lots of fun. We can highly recommend th…
Average-to-decent tour, guide in need of politeness
The tour goes to 3 underground parts of the city (the description says it's supposed to be 4), which gives you a ni…
An absolute must-see when in Kyiv.
An amazing monument in a beautiful park. A lot of other interesting statues and displays. Also a nice view of the r…
Our family loved this experience and was the highlight of my trip. Everyone was so accomidating including the drive…
Amazing and authentic cooking experience in Kiev!
We had an amazing time during this cooking class, the whole experience was really lovely. We learnt how to cook Ukr…
What a brilliant tour we had. I booked this tour as we’d never visited Lviv despite my husband been from Ukraine. O…
Private Airport Transfer Departure from Citadel Inn Hotel Resort
My driver arrived to my hotel on time and I made it to the airport and had more than enough time to check into my f…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Russian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa
Which attractions will I visit with Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa on Tripadvisor
How much is Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa?
Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa price starts from £123.79. Discover and book Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa on Tripadvisor
What is the Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa cancellation policy?
Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa?
Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa is hosted by Green Tour Ukraine. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Green Tour Ukraine on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Akkerman Fortress and Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi Half-Day Trip from Odessa on Tripadvisor