Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Looking for wild plants and mushrooms in the wilderness is more fun than you think. Learn the basics of foraging from a passionate guide. Together, you will discover what to avoid, what you can pick and what you must not touch. Your guide will pick you up from your accommodation and together, you will go in the forests around Brasov in search for wild mushrooms, plants and forest fruits. Hiking and foraging isn't easy, depending on the terrain, so keep in mind that you have to be fit in order to walk around the forest, sometimes on steep terrain, loose rocks or mud. Depending on your schedule, the tour can take between three to six hours. You will decide when you want to stop, together with your guide. In the end, you will be dropped off at your accommodation. Please note that your guide will not recommend eating mushrooms. If you decide to cook them, he is not responsible if you get intoxicated. However, he will give you advice about what is good for picking and what is not.
- Transport by air-conditioned car
- Local guide
- Pick up and drop off in Brasov (if your accommodation is outside Brasov, there will be an extra fee)
- Lunch, snacks or water. Make sure you bring a sandwich and some water
- Tips and gratuities
- Pick up and drop off outside the city of Brasov
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: NeoTour Brasov
My highlight in Romania!
We spontaneously booked a bear tour with Robert and were provided with tips throughout our stay in Brasov, be it re…
Family of bears in the wild
So first of all: I am amazed by the tour in total. The organisation, the people and what I got to see (photos below…
Amazing people and food
If you are in Brasov give this a try,brilliant people who along with cooking give you the history behind the dishes
Castles of Transylvania
We book a private tour for Bran and Peles Castle from Braşov. Robert was kind and helpful from the beginning till t…
Great experience with Neotour
A very good tour, saw a lot of bears even in November due to exceptionally warm weather. Guide Robertwas very enthu…
Day Trip & Bear Watching in the Land of Volcanoes
Can't say enough about Robert, our guide for the day. After a great hike to see the mineral springs and "smelly cav…
We took the tour with our friendly guide Robert. He gives us plenty information on the actual situation of bears in…
Wild bear sightseeing
Very interesting wilderness experience. We had the opportunity of swing two bears and a fox. Robert is very knowled…
Bear wathching - A day trip north to Brasov
We highly recommend Robert from Neotour Brasov. Robert picked us at 9:00 a.m from our place, heading north to Bras…
Perfect bike tour operator
I enjoyed a lot the guided bike tour. I got a very good professional moibtainbike and the operator was very helpful…
Highly recommended tour
I can highly recommend this tour operator. Contrary to other operators you go with a guide providing very useful ba…
We went on bear watching near Brasov with the excellent guide Raimund we had a wonderful time and the experience wa…
Saw a 3-year-old little bear near Brasov ;)
During our trip we booked a bear watching evening and saw a 3-year-old little bear near Brasov ;) An absolutely am…
Bears watching north from Beasov
I can highly recommend neotur and Robert in particular for organising wonderful bear watching. He was answering imm…
We went bear watching near Brasov and it was such a great trip. Robert was our guide and he really cared about what…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 117 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 807 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov
- Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov on Tripadvisor
- Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov price starts from £57.01. Discover and book Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov on Tripadvisor
- Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov on Tripadvisor
- Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov is hosted by NeoTour Brasov. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact NeoTour Brasov on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Foraging in the wild - day trip from Brasov on Tripadvisor