After breakfast, at about 0800AM, we start a very special and busy day as you will explore Angkor’s beautiful temples by local TukTuk:
You will visit the West Gate of Angkor Thom – undiscovered by mass tourist.
• The ancient capital of Angkor Thom (12th century)
• See the South Gate, Bayon Temple-unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara.
• Baphuon Temple: lying just to the north of Bayon, a pyramidal representation of mythical Mont Meru
• The Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas.
• The Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King.
We continue to visit the fabulous Ta Prohm embraced by the roots of enormous fig trees and gigantic creepers. Ta Prohm was built in the 12th century. It’s a Buddhist temple dedicated to the mother of King Jayavarman VII.
In the afternoon, you will visit the famous temple: Angkor Wat by transferring on car. Angkor Wat is a World Heritage Site since 1992, famous for its beauty and splendor. Angkor Wat features the longest continuous bas-relief in the world, which runs along the outer gallery walls and narrates stories from Hindu mythology.
We finish by experiencing sunset over the rice fields from the royal crematorium of Pre Rup, a classic view of the Cambodian countryside.