Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tulou, or Earth Buildings, is one of the UNESCO sites near Xiamen, and well-known for its unique Hakka culture. This private day trip will let you explore Yongding Tulou, the representative of Tulou, for its spectacular architecture and long history of Hakka people. Please note there are different tulous, and you can choose other tours if you prefer Nanjing Tulou.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Yongding Earth BuildingStop: 4 hours - Admission includedAt 8am, your tour guide or driver will meet you at your hotel lobby of centrally located Xiamen hotels with a signage writing your name.Then you will take a 3-hour ride to Yongding County where you will visit the Hongkeng Tulou Cluster, which includes Zhencheng Tulou, Rusheng Tulou, Kuiju Tulou and Fuyu Tulou etc. Due to its spectacular architecture of the earth buildings Tulou, it was inscribed on the list of cultural heritage by UNESCO in 2008. The early history of Yongding Tulou can be traced back to 1200 year ago. These Tulou were built by local Hakka people, and are still well-preserved. Today these earth buildings look like magnificent castles with its yard, garden to construct a golden card in Fujian Province. Lunch is included at local restaurant. Later you will be transferred back to your hotel in Xiamen where the day trip concludes.Read more
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off(only on the Xiamen Island)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Yongding Earth Building
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers over 3 years old
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
We were picked up by a driver who was on time and in an acceptable vehicle. He could not speak English but communicated using a telephone app. So far so good. We drive 2.5 hours and picked up the guide Jane. Her English was extremely poor and I could only understand 50% of what…
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
Response from China s, General Manager at Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen
Responded 16 Jan 2020
Dear Glenko, Sincerely sorry to hear your experience. The Scenic Area of Hakka Cultural Village in Fujian Tulou is the official name for Yongding HongKeng Tulous, which is the most renowned place for various old Tulou houses, and its early history can be tracked back to 1200 years ago. Tianluokeng is another village that is famous for Tulous as well, and it is hard to tell which is better for either Tianluokeng or Hong Keng Tulous, both are World Cultural Heritage. It is hardly to visit both places in a day, which will be very long day if you visit both sites. If you prefer Tianluokeng Tulous, you can book another day tour to Tianluokeng Tulous from Xiamen. Regarding the electronic cart, it is for the local villagers, not for the Chinese tourists. The visitors walk to and from the village about 1km, and the entire visit is about 5km, which might be quite long for some visitors. Jane is a local girl living there and that is why we arranged her to be your guide and hope she would let you know more about the Tulous. She misunderstood the lunch arrangement, and we told her immediately to re-arrange it as per your wish after you called us. The restaurant is a Hakka restaurant because the whole village is a hakka community. The chicken is cooked normally with bones in China, which might be hard to chew for foreign visitors. Meanwhile we asked her to take you to visit more tulous after lunch, and the ticket is package for the whole village and no need to pay extra admission. We realized that Jane did not explain well with you, and she gave you very poor impression about there due to her language limitation. We apologize for it, and would talk with Jane to avoid the similar things happening again in the future. Yongding Tulou is far from Xiamen, we understand you want to see more and learn more for a long car-ride. Jane did not do well, we would get other guide to lead the tour. Many thanks for letting us know your feeling, so that we will improve our services. Wish you a wonderful time in Xiamen and China.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 9–10 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen
What time does Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen start?
Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen on Tripadvisor
How much is Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen?
Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen price starts from £234.66. Discover and book Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen cancellation policy?
Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Day Tour To Yongding Tulou From Xiamen on Tripadvisor