Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup provided by China Tour Advisors
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Pixian Douban is used particularly in Sichuan cuisine, it is known as "the soul of Sichuan cuisine", named after the town of Pixian, a history dated 3,000 years. Today you will visit a museum located at Gucheng Village in Pixian, about 40km west of Chengdu.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Sichuan Cuisine MuseumStop: 8 hours - Admission includedDaily pickup from 44 central located hotels in Chengdu. Morning tour picks up between 07:30 to 08:00. Afternoon tour picks up between 11:30 to 12:00. Please offer your hotel information upon reservation. Actual pickup time will be informed by the local tour supplier. The pickup place is from your hotel lobby, or you will be advised a nearest pickup hotel to meet with your tour guide. It takes 90 minute on the road, then you will arrive Chuancais Museum, housed in a beautiful garden in Gucheng Village, PiXian County. - HIGHLIGHTS - Activity 1- 9:50(13:50) Welcome Snacks Sichuan stuffed pancake, jelly, Toufu pudding, Zhong's dumpling, Sichuan pickle, Golden thread noodles, etc. Activity 2- 10:00(14:00) Museum Tour Collection of 6,000 culinary implements, many of them are historic relics. Activity 3- 10:40(14:40) Pixian Chilly Bean Paste Learn the traditional manufacturing techniques of flipping, sunburning and dewing to make Pixian chilly bean paste; taste Xuanzi pea jelly and experience the delicacy of the chilly bean paste. Activity 4- 10:55(14:55) Kitchen God Worship Ceremony Activity 5- 11:10(15:20) Old Sichuan Food Street Activity 6- 11:15(15:15) DIY a Bean Curd Pudding First you'll get to identify all kinds of food processing tools. Make chili powder with pestle from the Qing Dynasty; experience making bean curd pudding with the grinding machine and taste delicious spicy or sweet bean curd pudding. Activity 7- 11:30(15:30) Sichuan Cuisine Cooking Class Dress as a Chinese Chef, learn how to make 3 Sichuan dishes, step by step of cutting skills, control of heat, cooking process, with the personal guidance of a specialist from Museum. Dishes include: Kung Pao chicken, Mapo Tofu, Pumpkin steamed dumplings, Daqian dry-braised fish, boiled beef in chili sauce. Graduate with your first Chinese Chef certificate of 'Master of Chuancais'. Activity 8- 12:40(16:40) Bon apetit Enjoy the dishes you have cooked, served with free fruits, red wine, alcohol with special pharmacological function brewed with traditional Chinese herbs, beverage, fruit and vegetable juice and covered tea. Activity 9- 13:40(17:40) Tea Break Afternoon tea in traditional Bamboo teahouse. Coach transfer back to Chengdu.Read more
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off service
- Escorted tour in the museum by English-speaking staff
- Transfers of air-conditioned company coach with service of experienced driver
- A meal with soft drinks
- Entry/Admission - Sichuan Cuisine Museum
- Gratuity for our tour guide and driver (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required. You will share a coach with other passengers.
- Your hotel information in Chengdu should be provided 48 hours before departure.
- Actual pickup time will be inform after you inform your hotel information
- The pickup place is your hotel lobby. Or you will be advised a nearest pickup hotel to meet with your tour guide
- Please note that pickup service is only available to guests staying at downtown Chengdu area.
- If you live in the outskirt of Chengdu please go to Sheraton Lido Hotel Chengdu to join in this tour. The hotel pickup time is 8:30am.
- There is no tour guide service during transfers. A staff speaking English will meet you at the Museum.
- No refunds for no shows or late arrivals.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: China Tour Advisors
HORRIBLE - NOT A TOUR!!!
DO NOT use this tour company if you are not from China. Our experience was nothing but a huge disaster. We ended up…
Not many China Cities has beach, and Shenzhen XiaoMeiSha is not a bad choice which surrounded with many hotels, mot…
Picturesque Hangzhou Tour was Delightful
This day tour in Hangzhou was wonderful from beginning to end. All details regarding the tour were confirmed by em…
Gulangyu - A humiliating experience
I booked a tour of Gulangyu Island for some important professional guests. A full three days after booking, China T…
LONG HAIR WOMEN VILLAGE & LONGSHENG TERRACES
It was amazing..more than what I have expected. First the "Long hair women village" showing their traditional dance…
It was truly an eye opener
Tibet, the roof top of the world. Before I sign up for this tour, a lot of negative view pour onto me from friends …
Historic Hong Kong City Tour with Dinner Cruise
When we booked this tour we were advised that it did not include tickets for Madam Tassauds so we booked these tick…
Jewish quarters in Shanghai
On time, flexible, enjoyable, very good experience, highly recommend. Good communication, car guide and driver met …
Good trip after some last minute changes
I recently did the one day Chengdu panda centre and Leshan buddha tour. I had originally booked the 2 day with Mt …
Excellent trip planners
We went to china for the first time and was amazed to see the culture and history .The best place was Zhangjiajie.T…
Get Lost in Beijing
Hello i'm Ami from Indonesia wonderfull beijing with nice tour travel very helpfull, kindly guide, i enjoy my tra…
China Tour Advisor Lantau Island and Big Buddha tour
After reading all the reviews about how the Ngong Ping 360 cable car lineup was so long, and that it is even longer…
Hong Kong and Macau tour.
All our plans with China Tour Advisors worked out perfectly. Steven was of great assistance in organising our tours…
De Oanh N00
Wonderful Shanghai and Hong Kong Macau Tour
Steven Li has organized two tours for six of us, in Shanghai and in Hong Kong/Macau, which are both very smooth and…
Hong Kong and Macau Tour
I'm pleased with our family tour in HK and Macau. Stanley (tour guide) is very accommodating and super nice. I hi…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 293 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 155 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup on Tripadvisor
- Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup price starts from £85.61. Discover and book Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup on Tripadvisor
- Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup on Tripadvisor
- Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup is hosted by China Tour Advisors. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact China Tour Advisors on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sichuan Cuisine Museum Tour With Hotel Pickup on Tripadvisor