Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Drive to the foot of Mount Sinai to visit St. Catherine Monastery, the oldest continuously working Christian monastery in the world. Visit Dahab on the Red Sea for lunch before returning to your ship.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1St. Catherine's MonasteryStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedVisit the Monastery of Saint Catherine which is considered one of the most famous monasteries in the world and also it's one of the oldest monasteries of Christianity. It’s located in heart of Sinai Peninsula at a height of 1570 meters in the place where according to the tradition Moses saw the bush on fire which didn’t burn up .The Monastery is Orthodox and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The monastery dates back to the age of the emperor Justinian 6th century. It was the same time of building enclosure wall surrounding the monastery right now but the monastery was named Saint Catherine at the beginning of the 11th century in honor of saint Catherine, one of the earliest Alexandria Christians martyrs. It contains several monuments like the burning bush seen by Moses, and the remarkable Icons Gallery.Read more
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - St. Catherine's Monastery
- Tipping kitty
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We went on a day trip to St. Catherine’s from Sharm El Sheikh Airport in March. It is a 5 hour round trip by private vehicle. Our flight arrived several hours late, which normally would have meant that we would have had to cancel our day trip. But Dahab Safari Day Tours…
Date of experience: March 2019
Response from lili123_13, Guest Relations Manager at St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port
Responded 31 Jul 2019
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for sharing your views and experience with Dahab Safari Tours. We are so pleased to see how happy you are with your trip and hopefully we are always up to your expectations. Thank you again! Dahab Safari Tours Team.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Sharm el Sheikh Tours Packages
Colored canyon and Dahab from Sharm el Sheikh
Canyons are great, the rest of the tour was extremely poor. First of all, never book tours with Dahab Safari Day T…
The trip to the Sinai Mountain was well organized. we got picked up from our hotel in exact time. Zekerija took goo…
Could’ve been better
Booked the last minute and joined the tour during the weekend. The price was very competitive, 35usd as compared to…
Cairo by bus
It was a long trip. We traveled by bus for 8 hours (one way). The organization of the trip was excellent. Our guide…
Excellent spot to visit
The tour arrangement was perfect. Timing and people were excellent. Cost was also good. Strongly recommended.
Totally Worth it!
My husband and I decided to book a day trip to Petra with Dahab Safari Day Tours. Although the trek was long from o…
Trip to Mars without leaving the Earth
It totally felt like walking on a different planet. the rock formation is absolutely amazing! But make sure to bri…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port
- St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port on Tripadvisor
- St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port price starts from £145.06. Discover and book St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port on Tripadvisor
- St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book St Catherine Day Trip From Sharm El Sheikh Port on Tripadvisor