Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour go at your own pace – we get off the beaten track with an easy 12 km (7.5 miles) ride from approx. 2.5 to 3 hours (or more) depending on how comfortable you are and how fast you wish to cycle. The tour stays primarily on dirt and gravel tracks and you can experience local industries, Lagoon and mangroves, fauna, flora and also meets the local people. You can also witness the process of catching crabs. If you wish to stay away from the touristy areas and experience the lifestyle of the locals while cycling, this is a perfect tour for you!
- You’ll have 2 starting optionsOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1UnawatunaStop: 3 hours08.00 AM - You will be greeted and picked up by our TUK TUK driver and driven you to the starting point. 08.30 AM - On arrival to the starting point, our cycling guide will give you a brief introduction and safety requirements about the tour. Thereafter, you will start the cycling ride through a small gravel road. You will continue your ride through a small village to lagoon and mangroves. Along the way, our guide will explain to you about the plants, animals, culture and a lot about this country. 09.30 AM - You will also experience the local biodiversity in Sri Lanka- mangrove forest, tropical palms, ferns and lots of coconut trees. Throughout this journey, you will pass through lush green paddy fields, a big part of people's lives here in south Sri Lanka. After cycling around the lagoon. A short journey on the main road and a stop for a refreshing king coconut winds down your tour before you head back to the final destination. 11.00 AM - After an enjoyable cycling tour, you will be taken back to your hotel in Galle by our TUK TUK driver. 11.30 AM - You will be dropped off to your hotel.Read morePass byGalle
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Galle, Sri Lanka Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
Returns to original departure point
- Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Galle / Unawatuna.
- Hotel pick up and drop off will be provided from a TUK TUK or a car.
- Mountain bikes and helmets.
- Well experienced cycling guide.
- Local Traditional snacks and Refreshments.
- First Aids & Back up vehicle.
- All government taxes.
- Anything that not mentioned in inclusions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please wear comfortable clothing for the cycling.
- You should be able to ride a bicycle on your own.
- The liberal use of sunscreen is also highly encouraged.
- Don’t forget to bring your personal medicine and camera.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Age 0 - 4 will be given baby seat free.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Overa Tours
So much more
So much more than what we expected!! A great place to visit if you are crazy over elephants and leopards
We were lucky to do a 10 day tour with the driver-guide Anura "Claude", he was a very responsible man, a safe drive…
Mr. Susantha and Mr. Bander - The Best Tour Guides Ever!!!
Mr. Susantha and Mr. Bander are epitome of what a tour guides should be - kind, patient, friendly and an excellent …
An impressive trip with driver Chanike
The whole journey is smooth and fruitful. The driver, Chanike is helpful and recommended some places to go to us. T…
Highlights of sri lanka tour
1.This was our first time visiting Sri Lanka. We have had an amazing holiday. Sigiriya, dambulla, kandy, nuwaraeliy…
Wild life tour with friendly professional mates
Safaris were always handled by knowledgeable animal trackers. We felt that the overa team was working really hard …
Excited at wilpattu National park
There are approximately 40 species of malmmals in the Wilpattu National Park. One of the best place to see Sri Lan…
One of the wonderful creations in the world. Breathtaking view. A place was built on top of this rock. it's a place…
comfortable and memorable tour
Overa tours provided an excellent Tour. The cost was very reasonable. Most enjoyable and memorable 6 days Vietnam T…
Tour of Sri Lanka
Yes, it was a very memorable trip and one that we would suggest to other people. Sity is a nice guy, he did a great…
Visit to deam place.
We have vista Sri Lanka in the month of Jan. it was an amazing tour with the help of best tour company Kamal is hav…
Best experience ever. We had a great fun of being there. Not only the wildlife the hospitality was awesome. Thank y…
Most Wonderful and Amazing Place. Sigiriya is a great Place to visit for any visitors.I will never forget this amaz…
Thanks for Essence of srilanka.organizing a really unforgattable 7day tourin srilanka in February.and special thank…
Loved my visit to Udawalawe
A great safari experience. It is home to lots of animals. And also we saw variety of different species of birds. We…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Mountain Bike Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna
- Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna on Tripadvisor
- Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna price starts from £36.91. Discover and book Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna on Tripadvisor
- Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna on Tripadvisor
- Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna is hosted by Overa Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Overa Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour from Galle / Unawatuna on Tripadvisor