Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
For those who only have six days to climb Kilimanjaro, the Machame route is the best choice because of its acclimatization profile. Compared to other six day routes, the Machame route exposes the climber to higher elevations quicker (day three) which kickstarts the body’s adaptation to altitude. However, this route requires that a person be in good shape to be able to tackle the challenging elevation gains and losses. The six day Machame variation is a difficult route. In particular, day four combined with day five makes for a very hard schedule. Day four is a full day of hiking from Barranco to Barafu. Then after dinner and a partial night’s sleep, the very long and strenuous summit day begins around midnight. The 6 day Machame route requires 19-24 hours of demanding walking, at extremely high elevation, with only 4-6 hours of sleep.
•Machame Gate to Machame Camp
•Machame Camp to Shira Camp
•Shira Camp to Lava Tower to...
Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp to...
•Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka...
•Mweka Camp to Arusha,
Returns to original departure point
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Moorland Safari and Trekking
Amazing 1-Day Hike to Mandara Hut
I did the 8km hike to Mandara Hut with Stephan and Luis and had an amazing time. The two guides were very entertain…
Outstanding service, memorable safari.
We booked a Safari in April and everything about our experience with Moorland safaris was outstanding. Nasir put t…
Hiked Kilimanjaro in a day
My wife and I had been on one previous safari vacation and were looking forward to further explorations In Tanzania…
Exceeded our expectation
You will feel that you're in great hands from the moment they pick you up through the end of your journey. Loved my…
Kilimanjaro in one day! Great experience
I did the Kili trek with Moorland Safari and had a great time. The guides are constantly checking everyone's ok, we…
Trip of a life time
I couldn't be so much happier with the services offered by Moorland safaris. It was very easy from the beginning, s…
gret day hike experience
We booked a tour on realy short notice and Nasir did wonders! Everything was on time, we felt safe, had a wonderful…
I would highly recommend this trip! We had an absolutely fantastic time exploring the Northern Circuit. Ngorogoro C…
Awesome Safari in Tanzania
Moorland safaris and trecking went above and beyond in assisting us in our trip to Tanzania. Fantastic people !! W…
We had a really amazing experience with Moorland safaris! All the staff is so organize and friendly. They take care…
Great safari with professional company
Nasir response very quickly and provide best budget/quality service. Free transport to/from airport, additional nig…
GREAT COMPANY WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE
our safari was very much made alive by our guide Nasri He went out of the way to make sure we were comfortable and …
Everything went smoothly
Moorland Safaris picked us up from Kilimanjaro Airport, drove us 40 minutes to Arusha and put us up in the Arusha …
Excellent - we would book again
Very good price and really good organization. We saw many animals and incredible landscapes. The accomodation was s…
Trip of a lifetime...
My friends and I went on a 2 day safari to Lake Manyara, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro. Nasir was very helpful in accom…
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Kilimanjaro, and 4 more
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
from £563.14* £703.92
Frequently Asked Questions about 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route
- 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route will start at 6:30 AM. Discover and book 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route on Tripadvisor
- 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route price starts from £1,617.14. Discover and book 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route on Tripadvisor
- 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route on Tripadvisor
- 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route is hosted by Moorland Safari and Trekking. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Moorland Safari and Trekking on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route on Tripadvisor