Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This day-long excursion combines a bicycle tour of coconut palm fringed villages and a coracle tour of the waterways. This is a unique opportunity to learn about the cultivation of organic produce alongside one of the local farmers. A great way to experience rural Vietnam, and with your new cooking skills, you can take a small part of Vietnam home with you.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hoi An Ancient TownStop: 6 hours - Admission included09.00 Your guide will meet you at your hotel. From here your gentle cycle tour takes you on the short but beautiful ride through lush farm land, rice fields and small villages to the village of Cam Thanh. We stop along the way to visit local villagers and see how they use their surrounding resources to craft a living using age old methods. 10.00 Take a trip along the winding river by coracle (basket) boat. A local family and guide will take you on a journey through the untouched waterways, fringed by river coconut palms. Take the opportunity to see a local fisherman dredge the river bed in search of river snails. 11.00 Arrive at Tra Que village. Enjoy the village tour to nurseries and herb gardens abundant with bird’s eye chilli, lemongrass, basil, coriander and spring onions. All thriving in the rich soil. 11.30 Jump right in and see how the plots are planted, tended and watered with the guidance of local family farmers. 12.00 Relax and enjoy a traditional herbal foot massage in the garden. 12.45 Join in with a cookery class hosted by a local family. Each cooking lesson starts with a short introduction, explanations and demonstration of starters, accompaniments, main course and dessert. Then you roll up your sleeves and try your hand at preparing your own Hoi An 3 course specialty lunch. Sit back and enjoy your culinary creations at the family table overlooking the locals tending their land. 15.30 Board your bicycles for a gentle ride back to Hoi An and your hotel taking in the rice paddies and farmers leading their water bufallo home along the country roads. 16.00 Arrive back at your hotel.Read more
- Use of bicycle
- All Fees and Taxes
- English speaking guide, chef, mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Hoi An Ancient Town
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal expenses; Tipping
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Roadstour Company
I was recommended to Mr Phung by my friend. Did not realized that he was based in HCMC until nearer to trip. He did…
Excellent tour of Mekong Delta
We've been on those "touristy" Mekong Delta tours many times, and although they are well organized, we wanted to tr…
Ho Chi Minh Full Day Tour
We were introduced to Mr. Phung by our friends who visited Vietnam. During our City Tour, we wasn't able to meet Mr…
Nice trip! Friendly staff
They picked us up at the airport and went directly to Chi Chu tunnels. Our guide was friendly and attentive to our …
A fantastic tour of the tunnels and our guide Field was brilliant. I would recommend this private tour very highly …
An Amazing Time In Vietnam
I am very glad to have stumbled upon Phung and his team at Roadstour. We booked private transfers between the airp…
An enjoyable and memorable trip to Vietnam
It was our first Vietnam and we found Roadstour Company as our local tour. The owner arranged a very good itinerary…
We have a great day to Mekong Delta tour today
Our Tour guide (Ms. Dung) was very nice, spoke English fluently, took us around with ease and gave us enough time …
Relaxing trip to Mekong Delta
Chanced upon Roadstour Company from TripAdvisor, and I’m glad that I had chosen the private tour (Mekong Delta) org…
The Phantastic Phuong
In between dental appointments we were looking for things to do. But then we found Mr Phuong on TA. Everything said…
Just absolutely Perfect; Sightseeing, transport arrangement and restaurant reservations!
We were referred to mr. Phung, by friends who visited Vietnam 4 years ago. Mr. Phung outperformed all expectations!…
Roadstour trip to Cu Chi Tunnels
This was an excellent tour. Our guide Phung (also owner of the company) suggested an early pick up from our hotel t…
Nice trip to Cu Chi Tunnels
Looking for a nice private tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels we checked reviews of several agencies. The website of Roadst…
Flexible and spectacular tour overall.
On the first day, mr phung brought us to the Cu Chi tunnels and gave us a really comprehensive tour and explanation…
Mr Phung is one of the few tour guides that I have stumbled across that shows complete knowledge of their tours and…
- Duration: 6–7 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 174 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour price starts from £65.22. Discover and book PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour is hosted by Roadstour Company. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Roadstour Company on Tripadvisor. Discover and book PRT 007M- Hoi An Countryside and Cooking Full Day Tour on Tripadvisor