1. Arrive at Gionji Temple in Chofu City, Tokyo, about 15 minutes walk from Fuda Station on the Keio Line and meet your instructor.
2. Head to the main hall. (5 min)
3. Try out reading a simple sutra. (10 min)
4. Listen to the head priest’s preach. (10 min)
5. Head to the guest house. (5 min)
6. Rub an ink stick to produce ink. (5 min)
7. Focus your mind on each stroke and hand-copy the sutra with an ink brush. A stool will be provided for those who have difficulty sitting in the seiza position, so don’t hesitate to ask for it if you are not comfortable sitting on the heels. (40 min)
8. Have a chat with the head priest while having a cup of Japanese tea before the session concludes(10 min)