1. Arrive at Gionji Temple in Chofu City, Tokyo, about 15 minutes walk from Fuda Station on the Keio Line and meet the head priest.
2. Take a quick tour inside the main hall, offer prayers, and take pictures. (20 min)
3. Head to the tea house located on the grounds of the temple. (5 min)
4. Learn about tea ceremony while enjoying some Japanese tea and sweets. (20 min)
5. Enjoy the tea ceremony experience led by the head priest. A stool will be provided for those who have difficulty sitting in the seiza position, so don’t hesitate to ask for it if you are not comfortable sitting on the heels. (20 min)
6. Head back to the main entrance to conclude the session. (10 min)