This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Travel south to the Klias wetlands for a river cruise in search of wildlife such as the elusive long nose Proboscis monkey, rare Silver Leaf Monkey, the mischievous macaques and myriad species of birds that inhabit this unique riverine environment. As dusk falls, look out for crocodiles lurking by the riverbanks.On a moonless night, be mesmerized by the flickering lights of fireflies against the night sky. Enjoy a village-style dinner as you immerse yourself in the sounds of nature in this rustic setting.
- English Speaking Licensed guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle on combine shared basis
- 1~2 hours Riverine cruise depending on weather and wildlife sightings
- Refreshment and Dinner
- Camera fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- During the ride, there are no toilet facilities and if it rains along the way, guests may get wet.
- Although there is high possibilities of seeing wildlife and fireflies due to their habit of resting or mating by the riverbanks in the evenings, sightings are not guaranteed
- Klias Wetlands is located approximately 115 km from Kota Kinabalu city or 2~2.5 hours (depending on hotel pickup point)
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- For Private bookings, please note that vehicle and guide will be on private basis but boat will be combined with other guest
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Exotic Borneo Travel Management
Best tour company in Borneo
We booked a couple of tours with this company and loved both of them. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable and …
Kinabatangan River 3D/2N
Had a wonderful visit to the Kinabatangan river where we stayed in the well provided Bilit Rainforest Lodge, with b…
Colors of Borneo Tour
Our cruise group of 10 had a fantastic time with Exotic Borneo! They worked with us ahead of time and accommodated…
Inquisitive orang utan.
Saw young Orang Utan, followed by adult orang utan, them macaque monkeys. This was through a glass window first, th…
A historic rail ride
The trip wasn't that long, about 2 hours each way. But the crew provided excellent service. This and the sumptuous …
Must visit in Borneo
I went there in September 2019 and was awestruck with the majestic Mt. Kinabalu. We went to the Kinabalu National P…
Wendy, Martin, John and all the team at Exotic Borneo are wonderful. We come have asked for better service. They or…
It is fine to see how the people lived many years ago. Many animation and helpful guides to explain everything, in…
Good value for money. I had to change the day of my reservation and the company was very helpful. We visited the bo…
Great day. Majestic mountain . Plenty of native orchids and othe interesting plants.. The weather was very kind to …
Charity 4 day Trek Challenge through rain forest for Charity.
Our local hospice, Garden House Hospice, organised a 4 day rain forest trek challenge in Borneo. We arrived a Kota …
Great experience in the mountains
Recently I book Exotic Borneo for their Kinabalu National Park package. We were fortunate that no other families s…
6 wonderful, exciting & thrilling adventure with Exotic Borneo !!!
Thanks to Exotic Borneo, our work travel from Kota Kinabalu to Kudat and back to Kota Kinabalu was awesome and a su…
Interesting but leave plenty of time
The train is great, the food is nice but due to the nature of the steam engine and only being a single line time is…
Exceptional tour operator and agency! Highly recommended for a custom made tour!
We arranged a c.2 week trip starting in Sarawak (Bako NP, Iban longhouse) and then onto the jungle in Kinabatangan.…
- Exotic Borneo Travel Management
- Duration: 450–510 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241