Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Chan Chan is a complex of adobe and sand and was one of the largest known cities in the Americas. For nearly 600 years, the sprawling city was the seat of an Empire that extended for hundreds of miles, and its residents were masters of engineering techniques unknown to the rest of the world.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chan ChanStop: 4 hours - Admission includedPick up from accommodation in Trujillo around 2pm . Then we will start our visit of the famous Huaca Arco Iris (Huaca Dragón) and the Huaca Esmeralda. Afterwards, we get an insight to the site of Chan Chan in the official museum and also visit the Nickán Palace. We visit inner patios, residences, administrative buildings, temples, platforms and storehouses, and a huge reservoir where "sunken gardens" may have produced specialized crops for the Chimu nobility. We continue on to the nearby beach resort of Huanchaco, where we have a chance to try the superb seafood of Trujillo at a restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Here fishermen still paddle out to sea, kneeling on caballitos de totora -- little one-man reed rafts which have been used for millennia to collect the abundant bounty of the Pacific ocean. Return to the city of Trujillo at 18:00h. Drop off at Trujillo main square.Read more
- Pick up from your hotel in Trujillo.
- Professional guide in English or Spanish
- Drop off at main square in Trujillo.
- Entry/Admission - Chan Chan
- Extra expenses (drinks, souvenirs, etc)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please confirm accommodation details at time of booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: PV Travel
The tickets we booked were non-refundable. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic we had to cancel our June 2020 trip and…
Aweful Customer Service and don't seem to care for customers
Do NOT book a trip/adventure through this company Viator. My sister and I traveled to Peru in January and booked a …
One Tour guide caused me injury (and made fun of it later). Very unsafe.
(I am giving a 2 star instead of 1 star review because we did have one great tour guide and for the sweet kitchen s…
Our experience on this trip was amazing. We would totally recommend it to anyone who love the nature. Also our guid…
Fabulous way to travel between Puno and Cusco
We had to work hard to escape the Bolivian problems. But we got to Puno in time and we were two of the 13 passenger…
Expensive but nice
Getting to Puno from Cusco will take a lot of time no matter how you do it. For a once of a life time experience, w…
A Great One Day Tour if the Sacred Valley
This was a full day and really enjoyable. Our guide Jimmy was really helpful and considerate of the English and Spa…
Fascinating tour with just enough time!
The half-day tour was perfect for learning about both of these fascinating parts of Peru. The Moray agricultural t…
The on,y way to travel.
Lovely old carriages bringing back memories of the Orient Express Wonderful bar and open carriage to enjoy the view…
Awesome Experience - highly recommended!
We were fortunate the day we went and were able to see several condors. So graceful when they glide on the thermal…
After reading numerous reviews on different websites I decided to book our one day trip to Machu Picchu with Viator…
A thief dob’t Go near it
I never saw the guide who was suppos d to meet me done everything alone and paid for nothing ! I called the owner m…
The Belmond Hiram Bingham does not just offer a train ride, that can be had from many of the other trains out of Po…
Hiram Bingham is the ultimate experience to round up a visit to Machu Picchu
Can it get any better? NO! The Hiram Bingham Train is the ultimate transportation to and from Machu Picchu. At the …
Don’t buy your tickets from trip advisor or agency
Colca canyon is beautiful.a must see ,to see the condors soar over top your head and experience the canyon and hist…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo
What time does Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo start?
Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo will start at 2:00 PM. Discover and book Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo on Tripadvisor
How much is Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo?
Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo price starts from £49.10. Discover and book Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo on Tripadvisor
What is the Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo cancellation policy?
Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Afternoon: Chan Chan Complex from Trujillo on Tripadvisor