Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The best way to know the history of the city of Guangzhou is to take public metro to explore the cultural sites including the original site of the Tomb of the Nanyue King of the Western Han Period, Academy of Chen Clan, Shamian Island, and Pearl River...etc. Centrally located Guangzhou hotel pickup is included.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chen Clan Ancestral Hall-Folk Craft MuseumStop: 4 minutes - Admission includedAt 8.30am or 1.30pm, your guide will pick you up form your centrally located guangzhou hotel. Then you will start the tour. Firstly you will visit the Museum of the Tomb of the Nanyue King of the Western Han Period, where you will go inside the original tomb that was excavated in 1983 while constructing a hotel here. The tomb proves the long history of Guangzhou that can be tracked back to 2,200 years ago. There is an exhibition hall to display all kinds of relics excavated in both the tomb and Guangzhou. Then, you will take metro to Academy of Chen Clan, or The Chen Clan Ancestral Hall, which is an academic temple built by the 72 Chen clans for their juniors' accommodation and preparation for the imperial examinations in 1894 during Qing Dynasty. Academy of Chen Clan is a complex with traditional Canton architecture style which is notable for its rich decoration that adorns both the interior and exterior of the halls as well as in almost every beams, ridges, walls and columns including a large collection of wood carving, stone carving, brick carving, pottery, plaster and iron engraving. Later, you will take metro to Shamian Island and wander around the European architectural style area which was former colony for British and French 100 years ago. Moreover, you will view the White Swan Pool along the Pearl River by the waterfront of Shamian Island The pleasant half day trip concludes at the Shamian Island where you can take taxi or metro back to your hotel.Read more
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Transport by public metro
- Hotel pickuo for centrally located Guangzhou hotel
- Entry/Admission - Chen Clan Ancestral Hall-Folk Craft Museum
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers over 3 years old
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Silk Road Trips
Delicious and delicate.
Delicious and delicate. The food in Guangzhou is the best. The old town is worth visiting if you want to know histo…
A great night out
What a view!! The smorgasbord was a great selection, tasty and as much as you liked. One of the best western selec…
A Hidden Gem Area
We enjoyed our trip very much and our tour guide Mango did an excellent job. It is good time to go now, as hardly a…
Chimelong Circus Show
It was preforming by a multi nations team. The animals was well trained and followed the instructions. We are enjoy…
GuangZhou Pearl River night view
I went there with my family and my kids enjoyed. It’s a very nice view although is raining day. Very beautiful ligh…
Would go again
We cruised on the Yangtze River Explorer 4. The ship was beautiful with spacious rooms and excellent cabin attendan…
Hospital empat guide and beautiful night viewport of the Perak river area!
Kind and Courteous guide. Good Food and beautiful view of pearl river. Very enjoyable tour- recommend for others.
Don’t buy here online
It is $17.90 USD to buy online here, but only 98 RMB, which is $14 USD to buy in person. It would be worth it if y…
Wow what a trip!! Beautiful area!
We flew to Zhangjiajie instead of taking the bullet train. Once we hit the ground we never stopped, we went to the…
An outstanding experience
I went on this cruise tour at the beginning of August and want to express my great impression it made on me. Being …
River nite tour
This was a fun experience something to do when in Guangzhou. The ferry’s are nice n well maintained. They have diff…
Good service, freindly staff, over all vey good day out!
We booked this tour via their web site. There was no issues with communications, replies to email questions was pro…
Amazing view from the river. Long lines but the boats are big. The view of Guangzhou from the river is really nice…
I really enjoyed the Pearl River Night Cruise, even though I'm pretty sure that I was the only English speaking per…
Beautiful city visit
Wonderful opportunity to see the city from the river with the bridges illuminated. The tour was well presented and…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide on Tripadvisor
- Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide price starts from £81.33. Discover and book Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide on Tripadvisor
- Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide on Tripadvisor
- Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide is hosted by Silk Road Trips. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Silk Road Trips on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Half Day Guangzhou Tour by Metro with A Local Guide on Tripadvisor