Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 3)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
There are indeed some beautiful villages around Guangzhou for you to enjoy rural view. The guide will take you to his hometown, help you escape to the villages for a taste of China's rural life, unwind from the hustle and bustle of China's modern cities. This tour takes you off the beaten track to experience the grass-roots Guangzhou, experiencing fresh countryside organic food and seeing how the farming folk of South China live. You will get a real sense of family and friendship! No tourists Guarantee! You will be shocked by the big contrast.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hakka HouseStop: 4 hoursThe distance to the rural Hakka village is about 70 kilometers, after around 1 hour driving from downtown, we arrive a 350-year old ancient Hakka village. Here you can see the only existing Hakka Round-dragon House in Guangzhou, we will introduce you the history and the interior arrangement of the house. Afterwards we will learn about how the majority of villagers live. We will have lunch with local family in the village, visit their house, learn about their lifestyle. We will wander around the village visit the orchard and grave after lunch. Lastly, we will ride into the nearest town, visit the exotic and lively market, this market is colorful with a beautiful array of fresh vegetables, fruit, spices and exciting with the typical smells of a wet market, it’s loud, a little dirty, and full of local culture. Many farmers in nearby villages sell fresh vegetables and fruit at this market and a roadside stand. Let's discover what are on offer.Read more
- Home-cooked lunch
- Private transportation
- Personal expense
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Janvi Tours - Guangzhou Off The Beaten Path
Best walking tour in Guangzhou! Go with Janvi
I had a 10hr layover in Guangzhou and so I looked into walking tours. I stumbled upon Janvi's tour and I am so glad…
Amazing tour with Janvi. Very customizable, private and fulfilling our needs. He realized that we loved to eat, a…
We decided to book a day tour of old and new Guangzhou with Janvi and didn’t regret a single moment Janvi was very…
Superb tour of the real Guangzhou!
Janvi was a knowledgeable guide that has designed a tour that really gets you to understand Guangzhou - my day with…
This was a great tour - informative, interesting, personal, and Janvi took care of me - delivered me safely to the …
Best tour to learn the real life in Guangzhou
This tour was great! Janvi speaks good English, we discovered the authentic Guangzhou. Walking through local, hidde…
Great city tour
We did the tour with a private driver during a layover & it was a fantastic way to see Guangzhou. We covered a lot …
Janvi the Cantonese guide! and I love the book. Relaxed adventure.
Janvi is an unassuming fellow who knows his city very well. He is a guide in the old sense of the word. In the days…
a great day with a great host
Janvi was a great host and very helpful , he explained detailed everything what to do when you arrive with China So…
Fabulous Local Experience!!
Excellent Authentic Tour! Janvi was exactly the guide we were looking for: a local showing us the real Guangzhou. T…
If you want to get a great peek into the city, both contemporary life and the history of the area, Janvi delivers. …
I brought my elderly parents for an off-the-beaten-path experience with Janvi. Our first day had us started the da…
Sai Kwang Food tasting and Hakka Village Tour
We combined 2 tours into one and spent the whole day with Janvri. He met us 2 days before the tour. He understood t…
What a great experience!!!!
We can't thank Janvi enough for his excellent walking tour of Guangzhou! We communicated a lot via email prior to t…
What a great tour!
If you have even the slightest interest in history, book this tour! Janvi took me for a trip through the alleys of…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit
What time does Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit start?
Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit will start at 11:00 AM. Discover and book Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit on Tripadvisor
How much is Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit?
Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit price starts from £213.83. Discover and book Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit on Tripadvisor
What is the Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit cancellation policy?
Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Traditional Hakka Village Tour with Local Family Visit on Tripadvisor