View all photos (21)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You’ll have 2 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1Shiga Kogen Ski AreaStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2穂垂亭 HOTARU-TEIStop: 45 minutes -See details
- 3Jigokudani Snow Monkey ParkStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Nagano Station, Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９ Yudanaka Station, Hirao, Yamanochi, Shimotakai District, Nagano 381-0401, Japan
Returns to original departure point
- Transportation from Nagano Station to the Snow Monkey Park and to Shiga-kogen Highlands Ski Resorts and back to Nagano Station.
- Lunch (vegetarian options are available)
- English-speaking guide
- Snow activity fees in Shiga-kogen Highlands
- Entrance fee to the Snow Monkey Park
- Entry/Admission - Shiga Kogen Ski Area
- Entry/Admission - Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park
- Shinkansen/bullet train tickets
- Rental boots (if required)
- Rental clothing including snow jackets & pants (if required)
- Additional snacks, food & drinks at Shiga Kogen
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The temperature of winter months in Shiga-kogen Highlands is cold and can be minus 5 – 10 degree. Please be dressed in warm, waterproof clothing and boots for snow activities. There are rentals for snow outfits (snow jackets, pants, gloves, snow boots) available for ¥500 each. You can pay the fee to your guide on the spot.
- Children from 3 years old and up can join this tour.
- Infants (3-5) are free of charge. (No tour meal is included. Please order foods directly to the restaurant.)
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park. In such case we will provide an alternative activity
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour itinerary can be reversed and we may visit the ski resort in the morning followed by lunch and monkeys in the early afternoon, depending on weather and road conditions, and other factors on the day. We do so in an effort to provide guests the best possible experience on the day.
- While unlikely, should weather or road conditions make it impossible to access Shiga Kogen, we would switch the activity to a visit to Zenko-ji Temple.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travellers
If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
About the operator
By: Snow Monkey Resorts
Highlights of Zenko-Ji Temple and Snow Monkeys
Kieron was a great tour guide. I highly recommend this tour for those that would like to see a bit of Nagano and…
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom21
Had a wonderful day getting picked up from Hakuba and taken to Nagano where we visited the Zenko-ji Temple. Chieko…
Really fun experience.
You will have a lot of fun in the snow, have a good time, the food is delicious and the visit to the park tired…
Snow Monkey Tour in Nagano
Loved the tour and would definitely do it again. So much to see and its a great experience for first timers to…
Snow Monkey day tour with temple, sake tasting and lunch.
Tour was overpriced, the temple part of the tour seemed tacked on just to justify the high price. The same can be…
Really special day
This tour is one for the bucket list. It truly exceeded all our expectations. Myself and my family joined another…
San Francisco, California51
Nagano - Snow Monkey Park
Visiting Snow Monkey Park was fabulous! Sylvain, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable and a definite plus was…
Family trip - 1 day fun ski & snow monkey park
Wonderful experience with Snow Monkey Resorts. They response to emails promptly and give good advice. Peter, our…
My husband and I did this tour from Hakuba. Michelle was our guide and she did a great job keeping us informed and…
The tour was amazing! #1-Every meal catered to my gluten free needs, and they were prepared ahead of time. We had…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 4 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241