Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
• See how people work in the clothing industry. • Experience how people live in their homes. • Explore the role of faith in people’s lives, and will visit a temple. • Understand the education system in Delhi and the slum. • Explain the day-to-day challenges of living in the slum, looking at water, electricity and hygiene. We do this tour with respectful way and do not allow photography in this tour. 50% profits go back to our non profit in the slum called Learning by Locals.
- You'll start atHarkesh Nagar OkhlaOkhla Phase II, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110020, IndiaWe meet at the metro station outside gate number 2 of the metro station. Our guide will be wearing an orange shirt with company logo. This is a private tour, so we can start this tour at any time according to you.See address & details
- 1s.d.m.c primary schoolStop: 5 minutesThis is a unique tour that offers insight into the daily lives of a Dilliwala (a person from Delhi). We believe that one of the most important things when you travel to a new place, is to understand the culture and systems of a place, and this tours helps you do exactly that. We will take you around the Sanjay Colony slum, which has a population of about 60,000 people. During the tour, you will visit a temple where you will understand what a significant role faith plays in people's lives. You will also learn about the daily challenges faced by the locals, such as access to water. On the other hand, you will also see how education, electricity and hygiene systems flourish in these tight, resource constrained areas. You will ultimately understand how significant a close-knit community can be. Our guides are locals, so you can ask them as many questions you like and hear their personal experiences. We do this tour in an entirely respectful way and hence do not allow photography during the tour. The best part is, that 50% of the profits from Delhi by Locals go towards supporting the community of the Sanjay Colony slum, through Learning by Locals, our sister non-profit organisation.Read more
- You'll end atHarkesh Nagar OkhlaOkhla Phase II, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110020, IndiaWe meet at the metro station outside gate number 2 of the metro station. Our guide will be wearing an orange shirt with company logo. This is a private tour, so we can start this tour at any time according to you.See address & details
Harkesh Nagar Okhla, Okhla Phase II, Okhla Industrial Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110020, India
Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Local tea
- water bottle
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Small group slum tour
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Pradeep who runs Delhi by Locals, planned my entire trip to Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Jodhpur. I had a wonderful experience. He engaged the best guides, who were always on time and highly knowledgeable. He also arranged a driver who was excellent. The slum tour component of the…
Date of experience: February 2020
I travelled to south India for a wedding and decided to spend a few days visiting Delhi and Agra. As a lone female traveller, I wanted to feel safe but still be able to experience the wonders of Delhi. After much research I contacted Pradeep and explained what I was looking for.…
Date of experience: January 2020
I highly recommend this tour. It is so inspiring to see the work that the NGO does, to meet the people and see their determination and dedication, to learn about how the community works and how people help each other. How something that seems chaotic to the untrained eye is…
Date of experience: November 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Delhi by Locals
Sanjay Colony Slum Tour was unforgettable
For those of us fortunate enough to travel extensively, there usually comes a point when you realize you’ve seen a …
What a day we spent with Pradeep! He met us at the hotel. He hailed a tut tut and with a cry of "there's always mo…
Great guide, great experience
We took three tours with Delhi by Locals, and with our guide, Salman. Each was better than the last. We wandered th…
If you truly want to sample local food secure in the knowledge that you will only be taken to the best and safest p…
So great to come back again!
After two years I've returned to New Delhi and it there was not a single doubt that we would book again with Delhi …
Every City and Everyone should do this
As tourists we often stay in the areas with the general tourist attractions, but I highly recommend the Real Life i…
Tremendous afternoon tour with Salman!
We had just gotten off the flight from London at 2 am and this afternoon tour was an amazing way to beat the jet la…
Old Delhi Tour
We had an amazing tour! We could ask the guide everything and he answerd all our question. We learned a lot and saw…
Fantastic night food tour
Just finished an amazing night food tour with Delhi by Locals guides Salman and Gaurav. They took us to amazing pla…
Fab food tour with super Delhi duo
Absolutely loved our street food tour with Salman and Gaurav - they were super professional, really looked after us…
We took the tour of Nizamuddin, and it came up to all our expectations. It was fascination to see real life going o…
No one better to help you explore Dehli!
Had a wonderful time in India thanks to the amazing Pradeep and Delhi by Locals! He pretty much organized our whole…
I cannot get enough!
I think this was the 3rd time that I took the Old Delhi tour with Delhi by Locals. However, it was the first time t…
Excellent tour with passionate guides
Thank you guys, the experience was simply perfect. I loved the time we had together and the way you introduced us t…
Awesome Experience... Great visit in Delhi. Got to know the real Delhi. Old Delhi aas just so amazing and authentic…
- Duration: 90–120 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour)
How much is Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour)?
Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) price starts from £41.16. Discover and book Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
What is the Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) cancellation policy?
Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour)?
Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) is hosted by Delhi by Locals. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Delhi by Locals on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour)?
On average, this experience will take approximately 1h 30m. Discover and book Real Life in a Delhi Slum (Private Tour) on Tripadvisor