Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
An island village neighbouring the erstwhile Mumbai Heptanesia, Bandra or Bandor as the Portuguese called it, was originally a collection of 24 villages inhabited by the Kolis or the fisherfollk community. In the 16th and 17th century many of these villages converted to Catholicism owing to the Portuguese rule. These converts were christened as East Indian by the British and form the backbone of Bandra’s cultural ethos. The years following independence, the paddy fields and vegetable plantations gave way to bungalows and apartments, of the rich and the famous which made Bandra the Beverly Hills of Mumbai. Despite the urbanisation, there still exists another Bandra made of villages which reminds of the Bandor of yesteryears. This tour pays homage to the East Indians community - their way of life, history and culture.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Bandra FortStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2St. Andrew's ChurchStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Mount Mary BasilicaStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 4Bandra West District TB OfficeStop: 40 minutesSee details
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- Additional transport cost for pick up from suburban Mumbai hotels
- Additional cost for the services of a language guide (besides English)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children who are below 10 years of age can do the tour free of cost
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour can be cancelled based on the discretion of No Footprints. The guests will be informed in advance of the same
- The sequence of the tour is at the discretion of No Footprints and its guide on-ground
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My friend Arpita asked me if I would like to accompany and go with her for this tour. And I did. It was lot of fun exploring the heritage side of Bandra with Rupesh and other bunch of strangers. Early morning we started at 7, although we were little late and the hosts were very…
Date of experience: January 2021
Beautiful knowledgeable guide with the most charming personality, showed us the most amazing city in the world!
Date of experience: December 2019
1 Helpful vote
Response from Harshvardhan T, Owner at Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport.
Responded 28 Dec 2019
Thank you for the review :) we are glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to hosting you soon!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: No Footprints
Excellent way to explore Mumbai on 🦶
NFPs walking tours are a great way to explore Mumbai as an insider. I did the Horniman Circle tour(Bombay Zero) on …
Worli Village and Fort - Slice of Coastal living history in Mumbai
Whenever i used to zip through the Bandra Worli Sealink, i used to look left and observe and be curious about the i…
Great! Must must do
The guided tour was so informative and well planned. Krupesh was on point with his information and made sure each p…
It was so fun and informative at the same time! Despite of being in Mumbai my entire life, this was so new. Highly …
Superb...Sunday well spent
Photowalk and insights about the Colonial history of Mumbai and interaction with locals plus the workshop by pashu …
Absolutely fantastic experience
Harsh is a super guide, well informed and makes it a lot of fun. We enjoyed it. The breakfast was fresh and overall…
Beautiful way to begin your Sunday!
Explored this quaint neighborhood lined with colourful, East Indian style bungalows, potted plants and interesting …
Tourist in my own city
Best way to spend your Sunday mornings in the city, filled with trivia, laughter and shenanigans. Highly recommend!
A great way to learn more about the city I call home!
A short 1 hour walk, discovering a hidden East Indian village tucked away between looming high-rises. Aditya, from …
Super knowledgeable and friendly guide! Perfect way to explore Mumbai! I love exploring cities on foot. Thank you …
Great experience, definitely recommend. Very insightful and interesting, and the guides are very informed.
A wonderful experience to break away from the city while being in the city...
It’s often said that it’s the kitchen that carries the weight of a culture on its shoulders.... I think once you si…
I have been born and bought up in Mumbai but did not know such about such wonderful people helping you experience t…
Bandra Heritage Cycling Tour with KP
It's always a pleasure to visit the queen of the suburbs - Bandra - and explore her many sides. It was an exhilarat…
Heritage Cycling Tour with KP!
One of the best cycling tours I've been a part of! KP is an excellent tour leader and has the perfect blend of en…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,244 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 100 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport.
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport. on Tripadvisor
- Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport. price starts from £60.87. Discover and book Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport. on Tripadvisor
- Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport. cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport. on Tripadvisor
- Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport. is hosted by No Footprints. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact No Footprints on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cultural & Heritage tour of the beautiful Bandra village-with Guide & Transport. on Tripadvisor