Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Jews have always been an integral part of Mumbai’s cultural and population make-up. The city’s Jews mainly comprised of two very distinct groups, the Bene Israel and the Baghdadi. The Bene Israel (Sons of Israel) trace their history in Mumbai over 1600 years ago. The Baghdadi Jews on the other hand settled in the city in the 1800’s as traders. Once settled, these two groups strived for the betterment of the community and created architectural masterpieces that are now an integral part of Mumbai’s Jewish history. This tour pays homage to the Jewish heritage in Mumbai and includes a visit to two beautiful synagogues, the docks, Jewish Library, and the Mumbai’s first and most celebrated Museum called Bhaudaji Lad, all built with donations by the Sassoon Family. This tour ends with a visit to the Jewish cemetery that has the Sassoon family graves and finally the Chabad House (based on availability) - the same that was attacked during the infamous terrorist siege of Mumbai.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Gateway of IndiaStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 2Sassoon DockStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3David Sassoon Library and Reading RoomStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Bhau Daji Lad MuseumStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 5Keneseth Eliyahoo SynagogueStop: 20 minutesSee details
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- All Fees and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Sassoon Dock
- Additional transport cost for North Mumbai pick-up
- Additional cost for the services of a language guide (besides English)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children who are below 5 years of age can do the tour free of cost
- Near public transportation
- We do not conduct this tour on the day of the Mumbai Marathon
- The tour can be cancelled based on the discretion of No Footprints. The guests will be informed in advance of the same
- The sequence of the tour is at the discretion of No Footprints and its guide on-ground
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: No Footprints
Excellent way to explore Mumbai on 🦶
NFPs walking tours are a great way to explore Mumbai as an insider. I did the Horniman Circle tour(Bombay Zero) on …
Worli Village and Fort - Slice of Coastal living history in Mumbai
Whenever i used to zip through the Bandra Worli Sealink, i used to look left and observe and be curious about the i…
Great! Must must do
The guided tour was so informative and well planned. Krupesh was on point with his information and made sure each p…
It was so fun and informative at the same time! Despite of being in Mumbai my entire life, this was so new. Highly …
Superb...Sunday well spent
Photowalk and insights about the Colonial history of Mumbai and interaction with locals plus the workshop by pashu …
Absolutely fantastic experience
Harsh is a super guide, well informed and makes it a lot of fun. We enjoyed it. The breakfast was fresh and overall…
Beautiful way to begin your Sunday!
Explored this quaint neighborhood lined with colourful, East Indian style bungalows, potted plants and interesting …
Tourist in my own city
Best way to spend your Sunday mornings in the city, filled with trivia, laughter and shenanigans. Highly recommend!
A great way to learn more about the city I call home!
A short 1 hour walk, discovering a hidden East Indian village tucked away between looming high-rises. Aditya, from …
Super knowledgeable and friendly guide! Perfect way to explore Mumbai! I love exploring cities on foot. Thank you …
Great experience, definitely recommend. Very insightful and interesting, and the guides are very informed.
A wonderful experience to break away from the city while being in the city...
It’s often said that it’s the kitchen that carries the weight of a culture on its shoulders.... I think once you si…
I have been born and bought up in Mumbai but did not know such about such wonderful people helping you experience t…
Well spent Saturday through lanes of Bandra in cycle!
My friend Arpita asked me if I would like to accompany and go with her for this tour. And I did. It was lot of fun …
Bandra Heritage Cycling Tour with KP
It's always a pleasure to visit the queen of the suburbs - Bandra - and explore her many sides. It was an exhilarat…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,244 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 273 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide on Tripadvisor
- Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide price starts from £60.87. Discover and book Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide on Tripadvisor
- Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide on Tripadvisor
- Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide is hosted by No Footprints. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact No Footprints on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Find out about Mumbai's Jewish Heritage - with private transport and guide on Tripadvisor