Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The epicentre of Mumbai’s dizzying economic growth doesn’t lie behind glass facades of skyscrapers, but in a run-down neighborhood of Mumbai. The people here might not be your suit-clad businessmen, but are owners of multi-million dollar companies. These are the people of Dharavi – One of Asia’s largest slums. In spite of the all the grunginess and squalor, Dharavi is the most bustling and economically proficient part of Mumbai, generating revenue of a staggering billion US Dollars annually. An erstwhile marshy fishing village, Dharavi creek dried up when a dam was built in the neighbouring area. As years rolled on, communities thrived economically, which is seen even today in the labyrinth of leather goods, embroidered dresses and clay pots of various designs, among others cottage industries. Also tour the cardboard industries and the recycle industry to understand the indispensable contribution of Dharavi to Mumbai’s ecological well-being.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1DharaviStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Dharavi LeatherStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3LeatherStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4KumbharwadaStop: 15 minutesSee details
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Dharavi
- Additional transport cost for North Mumbai pick-up
- Additional cost for the services of a language guide (besides English)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children below the age of 5 years can join the tour for free.
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour can be cancelled based on the discretion of No Footprints. The guests will be informed in advance of the same
- The sequence of the tour is at the discretion of No Footprints and its guide on-ground
- This tour cannot be operated between 12.30 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays
- Photography is prohibited within the areas of Dharavi
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This trip was a real eye-opener! By the end, we saw Mumbai's biggest slum as an integrated city with busy people engaged in many activities. Though the housing wasn't as nice as our hotel, the people who live in Dharavi have families and jobs the same as the rest of us. They…
Date of experience: January 2020
Response from Harshvardhan T, Owner at Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi
Responded 2 Feb 2020
Thank you for the wonderful review :) We look forward to hosting you soon!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: No Footprints
Excellent way to explore Mumbai on 🦶
NFPs walking tours are a great way to explore Mumbai as an insider. I did the Horniman Circle tour(Bombay Zero) on …
Worli Village and Fort - Slice of Coastal living history in Mumbai
Whenever i used to zip through the Bandra Worli Sealink, i used to look left and observe and be curious about the i…
Great! Must must do
The guided tour was so informative and well planned. Krupesh was on point with his information and made sure each p…
It was so fun and informative at the same time! Despite of being in Mumbai my entire life, this was so new. Highly …
Superb...Sunday well spent
Photowalk and insights about the Colonial history of Mumbai and interaction with locals plus the workshop by pashu …
Absolutely fantastic experience
Harsh is a super guide, well informed and makes it a lot of fun. We enjoyed it. The breakfast was fresh and overall…
Beautiful way to begin your Sunday!
Explored this quaint neighborhood lined with colourful, East Indian style bungalows, potted plants and interesting …
Tourist in my own city
Best way to spend your Sunday mornings in the city, filled with trivia, laughter and shenanigans. Highly recommend!
A great way to learn more about the city I call home!
A short 1 hour walk, discovering a hidden East Indian village tucked away between looming high-rises. Aditya, from …
Super knowledgeable and friendly guide! Perfect way to explore Mumbai! I love exploring cities on foot. Thank you …
Great experience, definitely recommend. Very insightful and interesting, and the guides are very informed.
A wonderful experience to break away from the city while being in the city...
It’s often said that it’s the kitchen that carries the weight of a culture on its shoulders.... I think once you si…
I have been born and bought up in Mumbai but did not know such about such wonderful people helping you experience t…
Well spent Saturday through lanes of Bandra in cycle!
My friend Arpita asked me if I would like to accompany and go with her for this tour. And I did. It was lot of fun …
Bandra Heritage Cycling Tour with KP
It's always a pleasure to visit the queen of the suburbs - Bandra - and explore her many sides. It was an exhilarat…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,244 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 100 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi on Tripadvisor
- Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi price starts from £56.95. Discover and book Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi on Tripadvisor
- Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi on Tripadvisor
- Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi is hosted by No Footprints. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact No Footprints on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Dharavi- Asia's largest Slum tour with transport and local guide from Dharavi on Tripadvisor