Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
Duration: 2.15hrs 1. Our guide will meet you at the Amber Palace ticketing centre. 2. We will Start from witnessing the system designed to lift water from the lake to the fort and palaces. Listen to the stories of Rajasthan, Amer and Rajputana kingdom. See the Amber Palace Water Management System- a sophisticated method of transporting water in the buildings. 3. We will take a walk around Amber Palace and see the lovely gardens in the palace. 4. We will reach the final point at Diwan-i-Aam; the public hall.
- You'll start atAmber PalaceDevisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001, IndiaOur guide will meet you at the Amber Palace ticketing center at 9:45 AMSee address & details
- 1Amber PalaceStop: 2 hours - Admission includedAmber Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Amber Palace, Amber Fort, Amer Palace and Amer Fort are all different names that refer to the same place. This palace is located within a fort on a hilltop and the view is breathtaking. The ride up to the palace is also unique as it was done by elephants during the reign of the kings and one can see from the terrain leading up to the palace how difficult it must have been to navigate. At the foothills, there is a water body - the Maota Lake - and the whole landscape is one of tranquillity and beauty. The secluded hill, the enchanting architecture of the fort and finally, the scenic lake. Amber Palace was established in 1592 by the then ruling king of the current Jaipur royal family. It was the royal palace till the 1700s when the royal quarters were moved to the city of Jaipur. A must-see in Amber Fort is the Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors), built especially to give the royal ladies a sense of starry nights as they were not allowed by tradition to sleep out in the open under the night sky. This immersive journey will exclusively take you through the fountains, water channels, cascades, mechanism of the Persian wheel, and the water tanks in the buildings. Additionally, you will also witness the gardens of this massive fort. Look forward to exploring the technological advancements that go back in time, which will give you an in-depth perspective of the sophisticated harvesting and water conservation systems that existed in the dry lands of Rajasthan. The success of these hydrological engineering practices is evidenced by the beauty of the gardens in the fort, called Kesari Kyari (Saffron Garden).Read more
- You'll end atAmber PalaceDevisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001, IndiaOur guide will meet you at the Amber Palace ticketing center at 9:45 AMSee address & details
Amber Palace, Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001, India
Returns to original departure point
- Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Amber Palace
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
walk & photo
A place to feel the old Goa, be it the architecture, locality, Art galleries. Need to walk a lot to experience and…
Trip into traditional Hindu India
Great trip with Suraj. Picked us up bang on time from our hotel, on the outskirts of Varanasi, then the usual hell …
Insights into Varanasi from a local guide's perspective.
This was a brilliant tour combining beautiful vistas from a boat ride on the river and walking through the hidden b…
Wonderful and unique experience in the heart of Delhi
For lovers of all things food and culture - this tour is a unique experience! Beginning with a walk around the fasc…
I really had an amazing trip with Mr. Sohail and the Sair Community. The team was very active and supportive throug…
Full repeat value...
Thanks to the organizers for the wonderful trip. Driving this beast across Goa was altogether a different experienc…
The Delhi that you often forget
Exploring the rich history of Nizamuddin basti and visiting shrines etc was an extremely surreal and interesting ex…
Really enjoyed it
We went to Goa for a sort of re-union for our college friends. One of them was about to get married as well, so the…
Sair organised a brilliant trip to Agra with Sohail Sir. Sir is indeed one of the best walk leaders and educators I…
Worth a visit with Mr. Sohail Hashmi
Good things: 1) Curated with the highest knowledge denomination available 2) Nice stay / food / travel 3) Smooth e…
Highly recommended tour. Vijay, our guide, explained everything very nicely. He answered every question, and we wer…
Scenic Beauty with architecture
What an enjoyable experience this was. Udaipur is the best city in Rajasthan. The city is full of beautiful buildin…
Rajasthan is an amazing place. This was my third visit to India. And India never fails to surprise me. This time, I…
The Sanjay walk was a walk through a very friendly area. Our guide was a local who had grown up in Sanjay Colony …
This was a lovely historical tour. Our guide was great to talk to and so knowledgeable on all the history. The mas…
- Duration: 2h 15m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,866 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 461 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert on Tripadvisor
- Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert price starts from £16.15. Discover and book Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert on Tripadvisor
- Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert on Tripadvisor
- Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert is hosted by Sair. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sair on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Heritage Water Walk - Majestic Amber Palace - Water in the Desert on Tripadvisor