Meet home-chef Sanchita at her home in Kolkata for an authentic cooking and dining experience. She will give you an introduction to the Bengali cuisine, its flavours, use of spices and much more! You will head to the kitchen where you will learn how to make a few Bengali dishes. You will start with Bhaja which are local fritters followed by Aloo Posto where potato cubes are sauteed in poppy seeds paste and cooked to perfection. Feel free to ask your host Sanchita any questions you have on the cuisine or the culture of the place. Following the fun cooking session you can head to the dining area to sit back and relax and relish the scrumptious food with Sanchita and her family. On the menu may be dishes like Fish Fry (Delicate pieces of sweet water fishes of Bengal (Rohu) fried to perfection with a pinch of salt and turmeric), Chicken Kosha (Chicken pieces cooked over low flame with Bengali spices), Sandesh (A typical Bengali sweet made with cheese curd)) and much more!!
The entire experience can last for 2-3 hours.
Please Note: This is not a professional cooking class but an opportunity to interact with a local family and learn the tips and tricks on Indian cooking.
• GONDHORAJ LEBUR GHOL - An absolute thirst quencher with the aroma of aromatic kaffir lime specific to Bengal.
• SHONA MOONG DAL - Yellow lentils roasted and cooked with bottle gourd, tempered with Bengal spices, a dash of desi ghee, and garnished with freshly chopped coriander.
• BEGUN BHAJA - Aubergine cut in slices, marinated and shallow fried.
• ALOO POSTO - Potato cubes sautéed in poppy seed paste and cooked to perfection.
• FISH FRY (Additional Non-Veg Dish) - Delicate pieces of sweet water fishes of Bengal (Rohu) fried to perfection with a pinch of salt and turmeric.
• CHICKEN KOSHA (Additional Non-Veg Dish) - Chicken pieces cooked over low flame with an amalgamation of Bengali spices for a distinctive aroma and flavour.
• SANDESH - A typical Bengali sweetmeat made out of chenna (cheese curd).