Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Shanghai Science and Technology MuseumStop: 4 hoursShanghai has been famed as the “Shopping Paradise” and the “Oriental Paris’ in history. Not only for shopping in the upscale malls, but more for the barging in the markets and hunting out treasure from Antique shops. There are 4 popular markets recommended by your local shopping expert. Fabric market (for tailor-made cloth); Tea market (various Chinese tea from all over China); Off brand market (Sale textiles, footwear, pearl, bags, handcraft, etc. Antique market (hunting out real antique from thousands of years ago) What you can do in the markets: Fabric market: There are hundreds of tailor shop in the market. Every shop is different and specializes in their own way. Some better for making suits and coats; others make silk; And some of them only make leather and leather jackets. You can even prepare photos or magazine images for fashion ideas! They will make it exactly the same as the example you show. Don’t worry, if you haven’t prepared already we do have a selection that would best represent the styles available! They also have plenty of ideas to share with you as well! Tea market: You have the opportunity to taste 3 different types of tea and learn about their quality, efficiency, history, etc. A tea expert will help you to choose the tea which matches with your body the best! Off-brand market: Get your handcraft, bags, sunglasses, artist, T-shirt, Pearl, etc. Everything you can imagine all made in China with brilliant quality. Antique market: You may have the chance to hunt out real antiques here only if you have a good eye for it! Otherwise, you must start practicing your bargaining techniques! Don’t worry, you shopping guide will give you an advice and prepare you ahead of time!Read more
- Professional shopping guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Tea tasting experience in tea market
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Spent a great half-day in Shanghai with tour guide Cindy from Shanghai Advisor on a "Food & Fabric" tour. The day started with a stop for warm soy milk, sounds questionable, but was really delicious. Later we had a variety of dumplings at a little local shop and later enjoyed a…
Date of experience: May 2018
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Shanghai Advisor
Loved the tea ceremony at the temple
Lynn, the tour guide, was amazing! Felt like a relaxing morning walking around and talking to a friend. The insect …
António Pedro F00
Walking tour Shanghai, trough old streets. Few foods tasting acroos the way, and visit to the traditional markets, …
Lynn was great
Such a lovely tour with Lynn. Was lucky enough to get a real authentic look of old Shanghai with some delicious foo…
Lynn was awesome and kick ass!!!
Lynn made our Shanghai tour so comfortable and exciting!! It was a new place for us we were nervous and she was so …
Resourceful, prompt and enthusiastic guide.
My sister, daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Lynn. Her bubbly personality enhanced our evening…
An absolutely fantastic guide and an absolutely fantastic experience
I had Lynn showing me Shanghai for two full days. With her help and knowledge I saw and did things I would never ha…
Great way to explore Shanghai
I had fun discovering Shanghai and learning about its history. Lynn is an amazing host and was very friendly and kn…
An excellent tour with Cindy Wang / Shanghai
Shanghai is an amazing City! Thanks Cindy wang for this great tour. We have one extra day in shanghai to spend afte…
Full day trip
We had a great tour experience of full day visit with Lynn whom took care of us and also all the trip details。 Lots…
Thank you Lynn for this amazing trip. We enjoyed a lot the day and all you e xplanations and suggestions.
Our guide Lynn was very courteous, informative and easy going. She listened carefully to our preferences and was go…
Shanghai Shopping Tour
After a week of touring the historical sites in Beijing and Xian, China, a shopping excursion in Shanghai was fun. …
Private Hangzhou Dat Trip
We had a delightful day tour with Cindy Wang who was very attentive and helpful during our time together. We highly…
Amazing Shanghai adventure!
Lynn was such an amazing guide! She is funny, curious, and is a fountain of knowledge. From cricket fighting, to Sh…
Unique shanghai experience with fun guide!
This experience with Lynn was fantastic! She has a wonderful, bubbly personality that really made the trip special.…
- Duration: 4–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 105 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 492 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour?
Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour price starts from £74.78. Discover and book Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour cancellation policy?
Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour?
Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour is hosted by Shanghai Advisor. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Shanghai Advisor on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Shanghai Markets Half- or Full-Day Tour on Tripadvisor