Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Shanghai Archives Museum has only recently been made accessible to the public and offers a unique way in which to learn about this city's fascinating history. A tour of this unique venue is not to be missed!
- You'll start atShanghai Municipal Archives the Bund Branch9 Zhong Shan Dong Er Lu, Wai Tan, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, ChinaFeel free to email Shanghai Pathways to confirm the tour. You could also call at 0086-18917939860 for assistance.See address & details
- 1Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking ToursStop: 2 hours - Admission includedThe museum houses a large number of important historical documents concerning the city's development from a small fishing village into the modern city we now know. The Archives Museum has a record of Shanghai's most notable citizens and companies. Our tour, led by Janny Chyn, an Archive expert, will cover historical time periods and events from the 18th century, including the Japanese invasion, the rise of the Communist Party, the Cultural Revolution, and the rapid economic growth that has taken place in China since the 1980s. Janny Chyn is the founder of Shanghai Pathways, a platform that engages people to learn and understand the city through unique cultural activities “off the beaten tracks.” She is also a writer for The Courier magazine and has been a guest speaker for schools and organizations. Apart from running Shanghai Pathways, Janny provides training and consultation service for corporate clients such as P&G, Ipsos, and Google. Her current work has been featured in media outlets including Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, CNNgo.Read more
- You'll end atShanghai Municipal Archives the Bund Branch9 Zhong Shan Dong Er Lu, Wai Tan, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, ChinaFeel free to email Shanghai Pathways to confirm the tour. You could also call at 0086-18917939860 for assistance.See address & details
Shanghai Municipal Archives the Bund Branch, 9 Zhong Shan Dong Er Lu, Wai Tan, Huangpu Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
Returns to original departure point
- Private 2hrs tour
- Including an expert guide
- Entry/Admission - Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking Tours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food & drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking Tours
A must !’n
This was the best experience. I booked a private tour for the end of a long work week before our flights. We saw …
Modern Art Walking Tour:Private Guide
A very pleasant two hours with a friendly, polite guide who spoke excellent English. The Museum is focused on Chine…
This was a fantastic tour!!! Mary was our guide and was phenomenal. She is very knowledgeable, personable, and fu…
Interesting and Fun
I enjoyed this walking tour with Mary. She had excellent English and shared a lot of interesting information about …
Zhouzhuang and Jinxi Water Town Tour from Shanghai
Had a 19 hour layover in Shanghai and decided to book this tour. Hadn’t been advised it was a public holiday and th…
A must walk back into the dark history of the Jewish people
The bravery of the Chinese people, in spite of their own occupation by the Japanese, managed to save thousands of J…
Take this tour if you wanna see something different than the glamorous and modern Shanghai. We met our guide at a …
I had no idea what to expect when I signed up for this private class. My mother had expressed interest in taking a …
Learn the Basics of Tai Chi and Become Kungfu Panda!
Have you ever been taught something that completely changes your preconceived notion of how the world works? Well,…
Great course to pick up the basics of Wok Cooking
Jamie was our chef, and he made cooking our meals an absolute joy. We are average cooks, but wok cooking has always…
Night Ferry Lightings Attractive
I have experience so much ferries but this is one of the best ferries according to the views and lighting in the bo…
Great guided tour of old Shanghai lanes
My colleague and I signed up for a guided tour of the southern city. Mason was a fabulous guide and was very knowl…
So much fun!
This class was really fun to do and we really learned how to make dumplings and spring rolls that we can re-create …
Must see if you want to learn more about local life in Shanghai
Great option to get a better understanding of local life in Shanghai. First we walked around the alleyways, markets…
Wonderful Day with Rita!
My partner and I booked two tours with Shanghai Pathways (will be with Janny tomorrow and very much looking forward…
- Duration: 90–120 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,041 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour
How much is Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour?
Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour price starts from £88.54. Discover and book Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour cancellation policy?
Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour?
Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour is hosted by Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Shanghai Pathways-Private One-day and Walking Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 1h 30m. Discover and book Private Shanghai Archives Museum - Expert Guided Tour on Tripadvisor