Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
In this tour you can will discover China’s culture by visiting a 1000 year-old water village Xitang where to enjoy the beautiful scenery of canals, rivers and the local dwellings. Take a relaxing boat ride through the town, bargain at the local shops for unique souvenirs,taste local food, and etc.
- StartSee Important Information for details
- 1Xitang Ancient TownStop: 4 hours - Admission excludedXitang Water Town, lying in Jiashan County in Jiaxing City, Zhejiang Province, is a famous town with thousands of years of history. It dates back to the Spring and Autumn Period (770 BC-476 BC) and the Warring States Period (476 BC-221 BC). The town was a place of strategic importance on the boundary of the Wu and Yue states. Its flat terrain is marked by a quiet, natural environment with rivers running through it. From a bird's-eye view of the whole town, one sees blue water sparkling almost in every point the eyes touch and reflections of the houses in the water. The quiet water, handsome bridges, and the reflections in the early morning and the rosy sunset, fishing boats and the glistening lights in the evening, form an amazing picture full of a sense of poetry which can only be seen in the south lower reaches of the Yangtze River. People there, whether local residents or visitors, feel that this is a fairyland. They even have no idea as to whether people are wandering in the picture or the picture is moving in their hearts. In the Xitang Water Town, there are well-preserved groups of buildings of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) with relatively high artistic quality and research value. It is famous for its large number of covered corridors, lanes and bridges. After 1.5 hour driving, you will arrive Xitang water town. A local Gondola will not only shows you different angle of this little village with beauty and tranquility but also take you into the most chic corner of this town with many unique coffee & tea houses, restaurants and shops. You will walk along old street and practice your bargain skill in local shops.Read more
- Bottle water
- English speaking driver guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Xitang Ancient Town
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual with comfortable walking shoes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Shanghai Driver Tom's Tour
Suzhou is best with Tom's Private Driving Tour
Due to Covid19, traveling by train as a foreigner has become more difficult and challenging (I hear.) So I found To…
The guide that saved my memorable Shanghai trip
Tom was our guide in Shanghai. He can communicate well in English. He is punctual and very good with direction. On…
Shanghai Holiday Family Trip
Visited Shanghai for vacation, and contacted Tom for Airport transfer pickup and also for 2 days of guided tour. On…
I came back to to Shanghai for business, wanted to see something outside of the city. So I booked a tour through To…
What a day!
If you’re heading to Zhujiajiao Water Town, Tom is the person to show you the city. His English is fantastic and he…
Side trip before shopping
We planned just to go to the outlet but Tom recommend to visit Zhujiajiao water town. It was worth the trip my fam…
Due to the so many passengers arriving at the same time, delay in clearing immigration and custom is unavoidable. D…
We were a group of 6 and the transfer to and fro the hotel was seamless. Tom is an extremely knowledgeable guide.…
During our stay in Shanghai we chose Tom and his company to arrange a private full day trip to the water towns. Tom…
Our driver was always on time and the van was very comfortable. Having a private driver made travelling as a family…
Knowledgeable and accommodating
Tom was a great guide. His English was very good and easily understandable. In addition to being very knowledgeable…
Great tour guide
I went to Shanghai for Thanksgiving and contacted Tom based on online reviews and within 24 hours of when I wanted …
Shanghai Private Tour
very professional guide, top car very clean, he proposed us a very nice itinerary, Shanghai its a very beautiful ci…
Thanks David..you are an intelligent person.thanks for adding to my general knowledge about shanghaii and china.i s…
Tom arrived on time in front of our hotel. The car was very clean and comfortable. The journey was very smooth and …
- Duration: 6–7 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide
What time does Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide start?
Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide on Tripadvisor
How much is Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide?
Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide price starts from £117.51. Discover and book Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide on Tripadvisor
What is the Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide cancellation policy?
Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Xitang Water Village Tour From Shanghai With English Driver Guide on Tripadvisor