Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
A great way to visit the well-known “La Fortuna Waterfall” is by riding a horse through the forest and farms.Beautiful example of the Costa Rican country site will be found along the way, cattle farms and agriculture, also the chance to see some birds as oropendolas and tucans. When you’re ready to walk to the waterfall, the guide will lead you to a descending trail with about 600 steps of stairs as the canyon is quite steep. However a slow pace and a couple stops to catch some breath will take to the very base in nearly 20min. Ideal for relaxing in family !
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1La Fortuna WaterfallStop: 4 hours - Admission includedFeel like a jungle explorer as you venture into the lush rain forest around Arenal Volcano on a horseback ride to La Fortuna waterfall.Properly trained Horses are assigned according to your riding experience, so, it does not mind if you have done it before or not. You will have the chance to learn and having fun. After an important safety talk, a guide will take you for a pleasant horseback riding trip of about an hour; next, you will be hiking through the forest and steps for 20 minutes to get to the base of this beautiful waterfall. Once you are there, you can swim, taking pictures or just relaxing for a while. After a final ride of about 45 minutes you'll get back to the horse stable that was the started point. Finally, we will take you to your hotel in La Fortuna.Read more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to the waterfall included
- safety equipment
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - La Fortuna Waterfall
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Best Activities in Costa Rica
A La Fortuna "Must Do!"
Really incredible experience, especially when paired with the chocolate and coffee experience. You really should do…
Best deal, great experience
This is a totally must do if you´re in the area. I was told that a percentage of each ticket goes on to helping the…
Sloths birds and alot of education on them
This was a wonderful experience. Sloths in their natural habitat. Our guide was amazing. He had a lot of knowledge …
Took my wife on this adventure tour that was a 7 day package from Groupon. We had an amazing time doing the zip lin…
Best bridges around
My wife and I completed the suspension bridges in an hour and half. Great views of the foliage but we didn’t see mu…
An exceptional Tour to the top
We arrived at the Parque Ecologico Volcan Arenal at 4pm. Unfortunately we were a bit late and the park was about to…
We had a great experience at Sky Trek. Friendly (and patient) staff. Fun Zip Lines. Especially liked the "tandem…
Insulted and kicked out - Dont go
Expelled by park receptionist. On February 18 we decided to stop as an option to take the tour, it was not toin pur…
We had a fantastic tour of the coffee plantation and our tour guide was the best. We learned all aspects of the co…
Put this on your list
Overall a great experience. Recommend you book one of their highly trained guides for their knowledge.
Horseback riding to the foothills of Arenal Volcano.
The cowboys are fun and energetic. You get matched with a horse and a helmet. Soon later your likely hitting 20mph …
Super ATV Tour
We did the ATV with Marco from... It was a rainy day and we almost gave up doing it. But we decided to go despite d…
This was our first zip lining trip adventure and we were a bit apprehensive and on top of everything, it was rainin…
Great experience and education
This was a great tour. We got to actually meet Don Juan, have great coffee to drink and chocolate to eat, press sug…
We have been on several zip line tours over the years but I would rate this the best experience that we have had. T…
- Duration: 4–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,362 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 191 travellers!
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall
What time does Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall start?
Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor
How much is Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall?
Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall price starts from £72.90. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor
What is the Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall cancellation policy?
Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall?
Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall is hosted by Best Activities in Costa Rica. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Best Activities in Costa Rica on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor